PDA

View Full Version : New build jeep jk and willys

JK07
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Guys

I want to build a crawler jk and willys. Looiking for some help on build.

JK 4 door body. Who makes the best. Detailed body. I searched so far proline and new bright. Any lnks on how to get them

Chasis AX10 or which one is good to start.

Need working winch, lockers, shafts motor etc

WHHEMI
04-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Guys

I want to build a crawler jk and willys. Looiking for some help on build.

JK 4 door body. Who makes the best. Detailed body. I searched so far proline and new bright. Any lnks on how to get them

Chasis AX10 or which one is good to start.

Need working winch, lockers, shafts motor etc

As far as the JK goes I got the newbright body and a Axial scx10 honcho(the kit is the better one as it has alloy links) and mated them together without to much trouble, just had to extend the wheelbase and make mounts for the body. Try the crawl pit or rccrawler for body's and tiny tuff stuff to buy the scx10 and other stuff as in winches,wheels/tyres etc. They have lockers standard.

There is also a fastlane jk body thats a bit smaller and suit losi mrc running gear I built one of these for my son a while ago.

I'm also building a willy's crawler at the moment with a home made chassis and ax10 running gear, I'll get some pics up later of the 3 of them or you can see build threads on the crawl pit if you have an more questions ask away.

CD
07-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I'd be going for this if I was to start a JK build, I've got the SCX10 Dingo and have also bought a Trailfinder kit. I think the Gelnde is better the Axial IMO but you may like the other more.
http://store.rc4wd.com/Gelnde-110-Scale-Defender-Truck-Kit_p_53.html