SBR Offroad
Find out how to advertise on Ausjeep?

WK2 40mm Suspension Lift [Archive] - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

PDA

View Full Version : WK2 40mm Suspension Lift

yoda42
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Found this little gem on the net the other day
Dobinson Suspension have just released this

http://www.dobinsonsprings.com/docs/catalogues/4x4/pdf/JEEP-62.pdf
Replacement coils and shocks/struts as well

Yoda

Max
10-11-2011, 01:39 PM
don't suppose you have a $$ figure ??

yoda42
10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
don't suppose you have a $$ figure ??

Coil springs @ $195 for front pair, @ $235 for rear pair, didn't ask price of shocks/struts

If you give Dobinson a call there easy to deal with and seem to know there stuff

Yoda

zzkazu
10-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Struts don't exist yet..

Wanderer
29-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Found this little gem on the net the other day
Dobinson Suspension have just released this

http://www.dobinsonsprings.com/docs/catalogues/4x4/pdf/JEEP-62.pdf
Replacement coils and shocks/struts as well

Yoda

Yes indeed a little gem:

Well finally sorted out my WK2 lift kit...Installed OME front struts with Dobinson 100kg springs to suit the UNeek bullbar and Warn winch (97kg)..Dobinson Nivomat compatible rear springs with OE Nivomat shocks..Results: ride pretty damn near to OE, Lift 40mm front and rear retaining 3.5tonne towing..NVH as quiet as....Now I'm happy..See my web site for further reasons why I went this way.

PS Overall lift with 265 BFG tyres is a bit over 50mm.....Mind you I went across the Simpson at standard height when my WK2 was 6 weeks old and only touched 2 or 3 times; thanks to the UNeek lower bash plate, all things went perfectly...I'm off to Cape Melville in October so the extra 50mm will be needed and appreciated.

Possum52
31-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Yes indeed a little gem:

Well finally sorted out my WK2 lift kit...Installed OME front struts with Dobinson 100kg springs to suit the UNeek bullbar and Warn winch (97kg)..Dobinson Nivomat compatible rear springs with OE Nivomat shocks..Results: ride pretty damn near to OE, Lift 40mm front and rear retaining 3.5tonne towing..NVH as quiet as....Now I'm happy..See my web site for further reasons why I went this way.

PS Overall lift with 265 BFG tyres is a bit over 50mm.....Mind you I went across the Simpson at standard height when my WK2 was 6 weeks old and only touched 2 or 3 times; thanks to the UNeek lower bash plate, all things went perfectly...I'm off to Cape Melville in October so the extra 50mm will be needed and appreciated.

Well that has been an ordeal and a half for you..:(
Glad to see it looks like finally a solution..I've had to have airbags fitted as we are off in 3 weeks. Keep us posted on your setup, how it works out.
Cheers Gary

Wanderer
31-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Well that has been an ordeal and a half for you..:(
Glad to see it looks like finally a solution..I've had to have airbags fitted as we are off in 3 weeks. Keep us posted on your setup, how it works out.
Cheers Gary

Yep Gary sure has..Taken since September last year to sort this out with over 6 trips back to get the OME lift sorted..Finally gave up and replace the OME springs with Dobinsons...Right decision and now happy....No compalints really about the service from ARB and the 4x4 shop; they really tried but enough was enough, patience ran out and decided on a differnt approach ..Anyone want a set of OME 50mm front and rear 2" lift springs; front for 100kg bullbar & winch and a set of (new) constant load OME rear shocks??...PM me and you'll get them at a good price...No doubt others will be happy with them...I've kept the OME front struts..they are decidely tougher than the OE so buy another OME set and you'll have a complete lift kit.

noons
31-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Have you had any issues without topout plates in the rear, Wanderer?

Wanderer
31-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Have you had any issues without topout plates in the rear, Wanderer?

Hello Noons ...None, the OE Nivomats are only slightly shorter than the OME for its 45 - 50mm lift. The Dobinsons are 40 mm springs so well within the Nivomat travel...Problems is when you go more than 50mm from what I gather and according to Rocky Road

The suspension lift system was capped at 2.5" so as to not exceed the factory tolerances which are built into this model Jeep as a result of the Airbag equipped suspensions.

So as you probably know the QuadraLift is maxed out on OR2 (http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_quadralift.htm) and very clunky.

Off-Road 1 (OR1)

Provides 1.3 extra inches (9.4 inches of clearance) for off-roading, but allows a bit more suspension comfort. This position provides a good balance between ground clearance and ride comfort. This position should be the default position for all off-road driving until OR2 is needed.

Off-Road 2 (OR2)

Provides the maximum ride height of 2.6 extra inches (10.7 inches of ground clearance) for the highest clearance over obstacles. This position also provides the best approach, departure, and breakover angles.

My 40mm (1.6") + Steel Normal 8.5" (which is higher than QuadraLift Normal 8.1") is between OR1 & OR2 and shouldn't need top-out plates (I think) and I make up extra with 265/65R16 BFGs which give me additional 12mm (2.1" in total)..Good thing about steel suspension is it doesn't lower on you as Mates found out on my last Simpson trip.

Anyway I guess I'll find out when I head up to Cape Melville in Oct. I'd rather have the Nivomat shocks & springs than the heavier constant load springs.(medium & 300kg options)..I have checked it out with some rough tracks here and looks ok but then it's not the Cape Melville track.

I did the Simpson with standard height and went ok so so with my lift I won't qorry so much...Next it's a snorkel..I've asked TJM and ARB if they intend to develope one but no answer yet.

GlugGlug
02-04-2015, 09:22 AM
So my GC is my first 4WD and ultimately I want the uneek bullbar, lift and AT tyres but I feel like my GC is already higher than standard. Next to my Dad's GC I can't see our roof but I can see his. Is there a factory lift option? Is there something not standard that we could have? It's a Laredo.

Wanderer
02-04-2015, 12:21 PM
So my GC is my first 4WD and ultimately I want the uneek bullbar, lift and AT tyres but I feel like my GC is already higher than standard. Next to my Dad's GC I can't see our roof but I can see his. Is there a factory lift option? Is there something not standard that we could have? It's a Laredo.

Laredo with steel suspension & your father's is QuadraLift air suspension?? If this is the case then yours would be at least 1/2" (~13mm) higher at normal road height an if his is in the lower park mode then yours would be 2" (50mm) higher..The only factory lift option is QuadraLift which can't be retrofitted ie factory only option..After testing both ARB and Dobinson then my preferrence is the Dobinson lift with Nivomat compatible rear springs ..I've tried both at great expense and definitely choose the latter for ride and towing.

GlugGlug
02-04-2015, 04:55 PM
no - neither of us have the quadralift adjustable suspension.

Wanderer
02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
no - neither of us have the quadralift adjustable suspension.

Can't help..Someone else may but if Laredo & Limited steel suspension then specs are the same??

yoda42
04-04-2015, 09:18 PM

Are they the same model, Laredo, Limited, Overland, the Overland is heaver than the Laredo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk