PDA

View Full Version : Things to look out for

Fro-Daddy
28-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey all,
Recently sold my Toyota Chaser and looking to get a turbo diesel Patriot in a couple of days. I was just wondering are there any typical things to look out for? I'm getting a mechanical inspection done as well but it wouldn't hurt to know a few things myself...

Cheers!

Bozza
01-12-2011, 06:13 AM
I can't say anything in particular of Patriots as I'm not familiar with them. But I would say check all interior components are working. Take it for a test drive, press EVERY button you can find as I've read that used Jeeps tend to break their button/toggles. I'm sure some others will be able to shine the light on alot more things to check out for.

Good to see your going with a good 4by Ryan. Talk later mate

garbonzo
02-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm no help either....I've had mine nearly a year and so far, knock on wood, it has been flawless. I've got the petrol 2.4/CVT and I'm very happy with it, but I've heard nothing but praise for the diesel version. I can only suggest turning up the stereo loud and checking the speakers haven't been blown....but that it unlikely as mine have withstood my use fine....Anyway, hope that we see a diesel/automatic version in the near future...I'm retiring in a couple years and would like one as our workhorse while the wife drives her shopping cart...Good luck with your Patriot. I think you'll be very pleased with it.