PDA

View Full Version : No MY2011 GC discounts yet?

Brisneyland
11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Anybody understand why Cars***.com.au is only listing new MY2011 GC's when the dealers have showroom stock for sale MY2012? (no tow hooks etc). Is this a deliberate drive to make sure 2011's are sold before exposing 2012 stock? From what I've seen across a couple of dealerships, 2012's are advertised on the forecourt at the same price as a 2011's are advertised on the net so there looks to be no discounts/insentives to buy older stock?

EXLR8
11-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I was thinking the same and waiting to see what is going to happen to pricing on 2011 stock.
I did visit a Brisbane dealer and they had a few 2011 MY (could tell by the discontinued colour) without front tow hooks so I am not entirely sure what the story is with the that.

Innkeepers
12-01-2012, 06:52 AM
If you try, you can get discounts on the 2012 GC. We were contemplating a new Overland GC CRD and were told by many dealers that Jeep wouldn't accept the order if it was discounted. To this end a few dealers quoted us around $80k drive away.

Not to be put off by this load of codswallop, we eventually got a quote for $70k drive away for the same vehicle....or if we wanted the Off Road Pack, it would cost us an extra $400.

After inspecting and test driving the New GC, we decided it was too small for us after owning many Landcruisers, so we will wait till the new facelifted 200 series is released here in a few weeks time. So do try to get a discount on your new 2012 GC, because you can if you try.

Shame that the Jeep is a little small for us as I really like it and the features list of the Overland makes a Landcruiser look like a poverty pack.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rick