PDA

View Full Version : Harvey - Easter Weekend

Vman
17-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Time for a trail run and camp out!!

THE CAMP

Hoffman's Mill Site

Directions: South Western Highway, 9km north of Harvey. Travel along Logue Brook Dam Road for 6.2km, go past Lake Brockman Caravan Park turn off, and continue on the gravel road. After 3.1km the Logue Brook Dam Road runs into Clarke Road. Turn left and travel on 8.1km to Hoffman's. 27km north-east of Harvey.
Facilities: Flushing toilets with disabled access. Free gas BBQ, wood BBQ, picnic tables with seats, untreated water taps, bush walks and rubbish collection area.
Description: Large camping areas good for caravans, camper trailers and tents, shady, grassy and excellent for groups. Lots of private camping spots dotted around the site. Hoffman's Mill is the site of a once thriving mill town, established in the early years of the century. The remains of the old mill may still be seen.

The camp ground will accommodate large groups on a first come first serve bases, water (not for drinking) and toilets are available, wood for the fire and fire pits on site, no power or showers. We have the shower sorted BYO :)

Tracks:
Tracks are in the Harvey area. Medium-Hard with optional sections!
We will be wheeling on Saturday only, will be leaving our camp by 10 am sharp to meet up with day trippers at Lake Brockman!!
All other days are open to campers choice of local tracks, beach run, chillin in camp or swim at the dam etc.

Vehicle:
ALL VEHICLES NEED RATED FRONT AND REAR RECOVERY POINTS!!
You also need recovery gear, UHF and compressor ;).

Disclaimer: "I accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising from attending this trip. While all due care will be taken, no responsibility will be granted."

UHF 16 or mobile 0422931541

Cheers
Vic

CONFIRMED CAMPERS
Vman & Sue
ASH79 & Mischif
Mackey
Mr Nameless ;)
Damage_man98
Gavrick
Imoreill
TyGras
Joe + 1

Saturday Day Trippers

B-RAD
Kassidy

Meet up at the Lake Brockman Caravan Park which is on the same road as the above directions but you don't have to go the extra 11km to our camp. Turn towards the Caravan Park on your left just before the gate to camp there is a boat launch area. We will be departing at 1030am sharp from that location and plan on being back in camp by 3pm for social time :)!
Don't forget drinking water, sunscreen, lunch and your cameras.

ATTENTION!

All people who are coming down Saturday and staying the night, I highly recommend you come down early on sat morning and at least leave your gear (if no time to set up) in our camp at Hoffman's as it will get a bit rough on the tracks and we don't want to see things flying around inside your jeep potentially causing an injury to the driver, passengers or bystanders!

PS:
I am aware of two other trips on the same weekend and if we don’t see you on this run we will catch ya on the next one. Have fun and stay safe on the roads….

Chief
17-03-2012, 05:39 AM
I'm in.

Hooray for jesus.

Gravel
17-03-2012, 01:21 PM
I could do a day trip...

need some new ball joints all round ( 8 in total), don't know if I have the time to fit before easter though.

Vman
17-03-2012, 04:38 PM
@Chief, I assume you will camp out Nick ;)
@Gravel, 8? There is only 4 ;) so that's half the job you thought you had to do, so get it done ;)

Sent from my iPhone

mackley
17-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I'll be there :D

TyGras
17-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Im in if my shoulder is better.

Tyson

MEZZA
18-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Sorry we are going to miss this one.......:(

Definitely see you on the next one! :D

Have a ball, drive safe, play safe, stay safe.

Wayne and Merryn

Chief
18-03-2012, 01:01 AM

Definitely :)

B-RAD
18-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Im keen but only for the day.

Vman
18-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I'll be there :D

Matt, you camping? Are you going to have 2 spare seats on Saturday for a couple of soft Jeepers ;) no names mentioned but he is the "only one" bwahahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone

mackley
18-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Matt, you camping? Are you going to have 2 spare seats on Saturday for a couple of soft Jeepers ;) no names mentioned but he is the "only one" bwahahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone

I'll be camping and spare seats are not a problem :D

Gravel
18-03-2012, 09:59 PM
@Gravel, 8? There is only 4 ;) so that's half the job you thought you had to do, so get it done ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Vic; I need top and bottom (L & R) + both tie rod ends + both drag links ends ... doh...

Thought I might change the tie rod and drag link at the same time, since new joints are needed. do a flip or someting... (would cost the same as getting parts from jeep they quoted @ $2800 to fit all parts; as much as $1200 just for parts... wtf...)

Don't know yet if the drag link flip will fit with 5" BS steelies (think it will and do a relocation brkt for the track bar and steering dampener to bring it all back in line... any suggestions...

Still drives OK but still needs doing it starting to feel a little sloppy.

Vman
18-03-2012, 10:05 PM
I'll be camping and spare seats are not a problem :D

Awesome, and the seat will be appreciated if you can put up with the chatter ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Vman
18-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Vic; I need top and bottom (L & R) + both tie rod ends + both drag links ends ... doh...

Thought I might change the tie rod and drag link at the same time, since new joints are needed. do a flip or someting... (would cost the same as getting parts from jeep they quoted @ $2800 to fit all parts; as much as $1200 just for parts... wtf...)

Don't know yet if the drag link flip will fit with 5" BS steelies (think it will and do a relocation brkt for the track bar and steering dampener to bring it all back in line... any suggestions...

Still drives OK but still needs doing it starting to feel a little sloppy.

Give me a call about it there are a few options for you.

Sent from my iPhone

wes
18-03-2012, 10:41 PM
no names mentioned but he is the "only one" bwahahaha!!

Doesn't this nameless person have a very capable XJ? :mrgreen:

Vman
19-03-2012, 04:01 PM

I know of the person you are thinking of ;) but this is not him, this person has a rego "Only One" :o

craigperth
19-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry guys I am going away with Mel and Willow ... I am sure you will all miss me LOL

Have fun :)

TyGras
20-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I get out of the hospital today (Tuesday ) hopefully the doctor has good news for 4wding. I feel great right now but that might be the block and other good drugs.

Tyson

murray
20-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/images/styles/designer/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1271121#post1271121)

I know of the person you are thinking of :wink: but this is not him, this person has a rego "Only One" :eek:

damage_man98
20-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Count me in for the wheeling and camping Friday and Saturday night as well.

the_horse
21-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Sorry i'm out i get back Wed 11th have a great trip guys hopefully there's another soon enough as the pines are getting very boring. and isnt the "only one" a very capable commander?

Vman
21-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Fly in - Fly out and shift work sucks!!!!! Next time guys

GoldenEagle
25-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Might b keen for the satday, would any1 have any issues if an 80 series tagged along?

lmoreill
25-03-2012, 06:42 PM
I am in, can only go the day trip but.

Vman
25-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Might b keen for the satday, would any1 have any issues if an 80 series tagged along?

Thats fine as long as you recover him and pick up his parts that fall off ;)

Is the 80 done up? Recovery points etc?

josh9465
25-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Sorry we are giving this one a miss. We are heading to Quinningup then to Denmark.

Happy Easter everyone.

lmoreill
26-03-2012, 02:05 AM
change of plans work has given me saturday off :) I can now camp the night. Dont know if the xj is capable enough for harvey but.

GoldenEagle
26-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Thats fine as long as you recover him and pick up his parts that fall off ;)

Is the 80 done up? Recovery points etc?

Haha air enuf then. Yeah its a pretty tuff 80. Front and rear points Big lift 35s lockers ect.

Vman
27-03-2012, 12:43 AM
XJ will do fine but will have to sit out on some of the sections but gives you the opportunity to see others play.

The Toyo should be ok ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Gavrick
28-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey Vic,

Gabby and I will be there... Got the invite from Sue...
We'll be there for a camp on at least the Friday night
Looking forward to the Tracks.

Chief
29-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Looks like I'll be canceling too, I've put my name down to work all weekend… couldn't resist the money.

Next time.

TyGras
29-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Well I am in for the weekend. Wendy might not be coming along as this will be a quiet weekend for her to study with out me around bothering her.
I am doing this Saturday run to Wilbinga, so we will see how the shoulder goes.
I have not had to use a sling after my surgery because it was not a reconstruction it was more of a scrap out bad stuff thing.

See you all Easter weekend.

Tyson

ksk
29-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Vic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you bud :) Had a feeling the gang would be doing Harvey again this easter so logging in from work to suss things out. Cant make it this trip (bloody work) but have the itch again so will be in touch to stretch some springs out in the near future. Have a blast guys, SPEWING i cant make it. Take some nice flex vids for the rest of us lease mate.

PS: Were the hell is Rodger? Went past his house the other day and there is an new house were his old one use to stand..lololol... no jeeps outside and a new house..:P..was weird

KSK (andreas)

Vman
01-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok, crew I will amend the first post with attendees. Not much longer now and if we are lucky we will get some rain during the week so the tracks will not be too dusty ;).

If anyone goes down Thursday night find a spot that will fit all of the campers so we are all together. Best spots as you drive in either go right to the far end big open area or when you enter go left to the end and take up all that section. We will be there Friday morning.

@Gavrick, time to get the new baby christened :)
@Nick, next time mate :(
@Tyson, see you there.
@KSK, mate its been years good to see you are still around! So time to get muddy this winter ;) . Roger is in the same place you must have gone to the wrong house. If you need his details send me a PM.

lmoreill
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
just had a quick look at bob's hill on youtube. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!
Are any of you guys going to try it ?

Vman
01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Bob's has been done by a few of us a few times ;) some vids on utube under Bvahnta. We won't be in that area on the Saturday run but we can give you action similar to that if you are keen ;)

Sent from my iPhone

TyGras
01-04-2012, 05:53 PM
just had a quick look at bob's hill on youtube. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!
Are any of you guys going to try it ?

There are vehicles that have done it in the past.
I would like to revisit TJ hill if we have time... Maybe some of Goats Rd.

Harvey can give a person a variety from easy trails all the way up to Bob's Hill.

joe.vandenelzen
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Do you mind if i come along im going down that way with a mate anyway and he has a 60 series with 35s and injected 5 ltr

lmoreill
01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Bob's has been done by a few of us a few times ;) some vids on utube under Bvahnta. We won't be in that area on the Saturday run but we can give you action similar to that if you are keen ;)

Sent from my iPhone

I am not really experienced enough on that kinda stuff to even think about it. Think i might be watching a fair bit.

joe.vandenelzen
01-04-2012, 07:37 PM
You will be all good theres enough people with experience

Kassidy
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I should be there sounds good

joe.vandenelzen
01-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Im defintley coming down but with my mate with the toyota 60 series and he has recovery points as required does anyone care if i bring this 60 series cruiser.it will only make us jeep drivers look better anyway

Vman
02-04-2012, 03:12 PM
@ imoreill, the XJ is not a bobs hill Jeep unless it's on 35's ;)
@ joe, you bringing the JK? Sounds like we will have a Yota or two tagging along. Why not they can show us how it's done ;)
@kassidy, what do you drive any mods? Day trip or camp out?

Sent from my iPhone

lmoreill
02-04-2012, 03:54 PM
@Vman, give me a few yrs and the xj will be capable enough :D

crawl3r
02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
have an awesome weekend guys, ill be working which kinda sucks :/

81kiwi
02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Hello,

Would anyone mind if a Rookie tagged a long, haven't driven any where south of Perth so it would be good to have a look, don't know if i'll be doing anything to crazy looks like there's some pretty serious trails down there, my rig and my experience may not be up to the challenge.

Thanks,

Daniel

Vman
02-04-2012, 10:07 PM
@81kiwi, you have a 2.5" lift ;) there will be a few tracks for you and some of the harder ones you can go around or I'll spot ya and the other stuff you can sit out and watch. Will be a good trip for you to get some skills practiced and see the capabilities of your JK. So no problems you won't be the only first timer ;)

81kiwi
03-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Sounds awesome, unfortunately I won't be able to camp as I have family visiting for the weekend, but I'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed for sat.

carlosprite
04-04-2012, 03:10 AM
I will be down this way over the weekend with my dad/father-in-law and the crew; will hopefully see you guys out and about.

Going to go searching for some decent tracks and take a look at goat road of I can find it! (any hints would be mighty helpful haha)

TyGras
04-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I will be down this way over the weekend with my dad/father-in-law and the crew; will hopefully see you guys out and about.

Going to go searching for some decent tracks and take a look at goat road of I can find it! (any hints would be mighty helpful haha)

I can send you some gps files of places to go if you would like. just send me a private message.

Tyson

GoldenEagle
04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Ahhh... Gunna have to bail once again. Gettin good at this bailing thing. Jeeps got the wobbles, again. Im not gunna get a chance to look at it b4 sat. Devo iv Only eva been wheeling in harvey once and that was back in the days of a stock jeep.
Im actually devistated

davis
04-04-2012, 06:21 PM
You all have a good time down there
Play hard
Play safe

and dont forget the Chaain saw!!!!!!!!

See you all at the next one

Where going North where its gonna be hot

Davis & Jodie

Kassidy
04-04-2012, 11:57 PM
@ imoreill, the XJ is not a bobs hill Jeep unless it's on 35's ;)
@ joe, you bringing the JK? Sounds like we will have a Yota or two tagging along. Why not they can show us how it's done ;)
@kassidy, what do you drive any mods? Day trip or camp out?

Sent from my iPhone

Hey Vic i drive a Jk with a 4in lift , 35 muddies ,rock sliders , bull bar and got all recover points and one of them off road exhaust systems that i bought from your shop a month a go and heaps of other stuff . see u their and i will not be camping only Saturday drive.

Vman
05-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Hey Vic i drive a Jk with a 4in lift , 35 muddies ,rock sliders , bull bar and got all recover points and one of them off road exhaust systems that i bought from your shop a month a go and heaps of other stuff . see u their and i will not be camping only Saturday drive.

Ahh got it, you should have fun :D

@Davis, cheers and enjoy your run we need photos on facebook's page "Jeepaholics Anonymous Australia"
@GoldenEagle, the DW :( good luck, maybe the next run!

Gavrick
05-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Wonder if the tracks have got muddy?.... Didn't plan on getting my Jeep dirty ;)

RJO-75
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Ahhhh, Harvey/Brunswick are perfect if someone wants/needs a optima d31a delivered haha (sorry, couldnt help it):rolleyes:;)

TyGras
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Wonder if the tracks have got muddy?.... Didn't plan on getting my Jeep dirty ;)

If I noticed your post earlier I could have driven there to check for mud....LOL

Tyson

TyGras
06-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Just a few hours left till we leave for Harvey.
See you noonish Victor.
Hopefully the rain will help keep that dust down.

Tyson

Vman
06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Ok crew, go to the far right when entering camp ;) fires are allowed at night!! Will need them ;)
Drive safe and see you soon.

Sent from my iPhone

BennyWA
06-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Have fun guys, our XJ is nearing completion... just need Brian to fit the air locker!

TyGras
07-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Thank you Victor for the wonderful weekend.
Well one break down today on TJ Hill; Matt had a catastrophic failure of his front left axle and u joint as well as a failure of the front right u joint. At least now he can upgrade with a clear conscience.

brenttj
07-04-2012, 08:49 PM
lucky it didn't take the ball joints with it

Kassidy
07-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the day great fun . Can't wait for the photos to come on.

wes
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
thanks everyone for the day great fun . can't wait for the photos to come on.

X2 pics, pics, pics :D

lmoreill
08-04-2012, 12:15 AM
can't wait to see the pics of tj hill!!!!

Addy
08-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry I can't make it, just had my op & Driving's a bit t
ricky at present, still, i'm on the mend, Have a Great time Guys & Gals
Go The Ausjeep Mob! Happy Jeep Easter

Addy.

B-RAD
08-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks VMAN and everone for making us feel welcome and for letting us tag along. Raelene and myself had a great day.

B-RAD
08-04-2012, 04:01 PM
and a few more pic's

B-RAD
08-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Just a few more

B-RAD
08-04-2012, 04:13 PM
there is still more

B-RAD
08-04-2012, 04:21 PM
but wait there's still more

B-RAD
08-04-2012, 04:23 PM
The last one's

Mischif
08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Awesome trip, was good to put Mischif through her paces pre mods! Nice to meet some new faces and catch up with the regulars! 😃

SBRoffroad.com.au

mackley
08-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks everyone for a great weekend, special thanks to Vic and Ash for the technical assistance and to Sue for feeding me.:)

81kiwi
09-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Thank you for to everyone for having the patience to let a rookie tag along. It was great to actually see what the capabilities of my rig was. Would never have dreamed of attempting that last trail with out the expert spotting of Vic, so thanks again.

Daniel

Vman
10-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi Crew,

Good weekend, 11 Jeeps on Saturday good to see some new faces coming out and having a go! Good on ya guys and girls for having a crack at some of the harder stuff at the end of the day.

I'll put some pic up tomorrow ;)

Cheers
Vic

LEZ
10-04-2012, 02:57 PM
:DThanks Vic for organising and spotting on the weekend , Good time had by all off us :D, even me:)-(:;) after all sickness is not a excuse or option to miss out on one of your drives:)

Zen
10-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Pics look great peoples.... sad i missed out :( Next time for sure!!!

Gavrick
10-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks Vic, Sue, Ash, Deb and the gang!... Awesome Weekend.... Wish i Had done hitchhickers... Next time for sure!

lmoreill
13-04-2012, 10:47 PM
does anybody have any more pics of the trip?

TyGras
14-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I did the same trip today as last weekend and a lot of the trails around Harvey Dam have had a dozer go through them.

Tyson