PDA

View Full Version : No bullbar

Bowriver
24-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Spent some time at the Brisbane tinnie 4wd show. After speaking with ARB, iron man and ECB there is no bar for the 2012 WK. the ECB bar they have will not fit 2012 model.they may adjust the 2011 bar to fit at some stage ,but not yet. My CRD is about 3-4 months away I have ordered it with the adventure pack 2 it seams to be a good deal as there is no under body protection otherwise. The dealer will trade the crappy on road tires for coopers. If there are enough enquires to the bar makers the situation might change by then

LeCheese
24-03-2012, 10:01 AM
this is contrary to what myself and many others have heard. there are numerous threads on here and other forums stating that ARB has a bar on the way and that ECB is currently working on changing their design to fit 2012 models. I wouldnt go by what the people at the show have to say (particularly ARB) as they are only salesmen and they often don't have the whole truth.

LeCheese
24-03-2012, 10:05 AM
one more thing i should add... the ARB bar is due around mid this year and most likely the ECB one will be out before that

LeCheese
24-03-2012, 03:06 PM
1 MORE THING!! post this in the grand cherokee threads and you'll get a lot more responses...

Savvas
24-03-2012, 08:56 PM
http://talkingjeepoz.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/arb-bull-bar-due-mid-year-for-grand.html

Pretty well what ARB have responded with to my internet query. I'd say that who you spoke with was simply not aware of this. ARB would be silly not to do one, as they export to the US, and the Grand Cherokee is a massive seller there.

The Caravan & Camping Supershow is on at Rosehill towards the end of April, and ARB always displays there. I'll talk to them then and see what they say.

There hasnt been a word out of TJM though. I have enquired but zero response.

Steve Ako
25-03-2012, 06:44 AM
I picked up my new Grand this week and have paid in advance for the new bar with the order placed with ECB. They quote 60 to 90 days. I hope sooner than later but i think if you dont put your money where your mouth is the suppliers are gessing as to the build volume. So if you want a bar order it asap and the pressure will be on for sooner.

Steve

Steve Ako
03-04-2012, 07:00 AM
An update ....Spoke to Stephen at ecb and he tells me that the tec guys have had a JGC 2012 in and finalised the fitting info......he thinks that they should be in production in 2/3 weeks....I hope so ..Oh and he confirmed my order so thats great .

Wanderer
04-04-2012, 06:45 PM
An update ....Spoke to Stephen at ecb and he tells me that the tec guys have had a JGC 2012 in and finalised the fitting info......he thinks that they should be in production in 2/3 weeks....I hope so ..Oh and he confirmed my order so thats great .

Just received this pic from ECB of their MY12 WK2 bar approved for the V6...V8 and diesel being ADR tested now.

http://users.tpg.com.au/klgreen/Commander/Misc/WK2_ECB_Bullbar.jpg

Also:

At this stage, we (ECB) will not be releasing a bar compatible with the Overland Model due to this model’s features such as accident avoidance and adaptive cruise control etc.

timbotrog
04-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Looks like it fell off the front of a Kenworth!

Wanderer
04-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Maybe!!! Better one than none and lucky too...A major headache for ECB to do a MY12 WK2 bar with those stupid screw-in tow points after having spent money on the MY11 bar only to be shafted by Jeep with the MY12 European front-end .....Reckon now that ECB has done one, ARB won't be far behind and probably be more like the WH ARB bar..only hope!!!..This one doesn't look to be winch compatible....I did ask that question but so far no answer on it.

hills46
04-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Not going to win any styling awards....

fester
05-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah better than nothing I suppose but unless I desperately needed it for a trip I'd be holding off to see what else comes up. ECB bars have been behind in styling and looks since mid 90's in my book.

millzzy
05-04-2012, 02:27 PM
What were the design people thinking, i have seen one in the flesh and the picture doesnt lie, yukkk.

Wanderer
06-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Hmmmm....Think I could get use to it .... Looks better than the front modified by a roo ... Had that happen once and very nearly wrote of my car including me & family...Not a pleasent experience miles from anywhere.

skipperau
09-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Not going to win any styling awards....

ECB stuff always looks like it was hit with an ugly stick. Which is why I am looking for a ARB bar for my WJ.

Coupland
09-04-2012, 08:12 AM
I think if the sides followed the line of the head lights it would look better. Good to see finally someone making something for the WK2.

darksidecustoms
09-04-2012, 09:22 AM
ECB stuff always looks like it was hit with an ugly stick. Which is why I am looking for a ARB bar for my WJ.

Much agreed!

I'm usually an ARB fan too but I quite TJM's newer T3 bar for the 100 series, hopefully they apply this style for the new GC.

http://img.tapatalk.com/7ca89994-1eed-74f6.jpg

darksidecustoms
09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
http://sleeoffroad.com/products/images/100_series/100tjm_250.jpg

sparky60
09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Gidday,

I dont like rumours so I contacted arb in feb and again in march and these were the responses regarding the bullbar
thanks guys

Comments:
I own the latest jeep grand cherokee and would like to know if there are any plans for a steel bullbar for this vehicle or is there technical issues due to the radar sensing cruise control in the top of the range overland. I am holding off on an alloy bar purchase until I can find out if a steel one will be made I also understand that in the past the jeep has not been a big volume seller but it is currently one of the top selling vehicles so it would be interesting to know if there has been any research into the current market
thanks for your time
Laurie Hall
(2011 grand cherokee diesel)WK2 you for your enquire to ARB and your interest in our products.

Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:14 AM

Subject: FW: Contact ARB

You are correct in saying demand is traditionally low for a Grand Cherokee. In the case of the WK ARB initially decided not to proceed with development, however have not reversed that decision.

The development project is likely to commence in the second quarter of this year. Unfortunately At this early stage I am unable to provide any insight into what the resulting product might look like, how technical challenges will be met, or give an in store ETA.

Kind regards

Andrew Bellamy

Andrew Bellamy
Product Manager
ARB Corporation Limited

42-44 Garden St Kilsyth, Vic 3137

Ph + 61 39761 6622

Fax + 61 39721 9096

abellamy@arb.com.au

: www.arb.com.au

Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 11:02 AM
To: Andrew Bellamy
Subject: Re: Contact ARB

Gidday Andrew ,

Thankyou for your response to my question regarding the bullbar . Recently on one of the jeep forums I read that arb is now considering a bullbar for the wk2 can you confirm this or is it just a rumour?

Thanks again**Laurie Hall

Hi Laurie,

There will be a bar for this vehicle.

Currently there are many projects with the engineering department and as you can imagine time lines can be a little elastic with product development.

Initially we expected to start this project early this year, however it is more likely to be second quarter now. As it stands now, there is that there is a commitment develop a bar.

Regards.

Andrew Bellamy

Andrew Bellamy
Product Manager
ARB Corporation Limited

42-44 Garden St Kilsyth, Vic 3137

Ph + 61 39761 6622

Fax + 61 39721 9096

abellamy@arb.com.au

: www.arb.com.au

Steve Ako
13-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I noted yesterday that ECB had the 2012 JGC bar as a new product. So i Rang my dealer as i have pre paid for the bar and his reply was......Off production line at ECB on the 30/4/2012 and freight to TJM Townsville for Fitting so i would think by the middle of next month she should be on.

skipperau
16-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Gidday,

I dont like rumours so I contacted arb in feb and again in march and these were the responses regarding the bullbar
thanks guys

---snipped to save space---

Thanks for the follow up, that matches up with Leo Mullers estimate on the arrival of a ARB bar "around or just before mid-year".

I can't stand the look of the ECB bars and the latest TJM offerings seem to be focused on Toyotas and Nissans. And they seem to have deleted the wing bars to protect the headlights which as far as I am concerned means it is ARB for me.

Skipper.