PDA

View Full Version : Drive-Away Prices

jezza50
21-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi guys,

I've had a search but I couldn't find anything that covered this. Please point me in the right direction if I'm mistaken.

I've been looking at getting a new Grand Cherokee Overland in the diesel and I wanted to know what people have been paying for them.

Would people be willing to post up what they paid drive-away? and where they got it from (maybe just which state if you didn't want to get into too much detail)? Even if it's not the same engine or spec as what I'm after it might be useful to other people looking for that particular version.

I've never owned a Jeep but after looking at the Top Gear Car-Chooser for the type of car I was after I'm obsessed with the GC. I've been spending way too much time at work doing my research and I'm pretty much sold. I just have to find the right dealer and wait it out (I was told about 3 months in WA at this time).

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

superchicken
21-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Good luck with any discounts.. The dealers will lose any new stock coming if they discount them.
There is also a very real shortage of available cars so waiting 4-6 months is not unheard of.
The cars are $77,200 for either diesel or 5.7 V8

Brisneyland
21-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Good luck with any discounts.. The dealers will lose any new stock coming if they discount them.
There is also a very real shortage of available cars so waiting 4-6 months is not unheard of.
The cars are $77,200 for either diesel or 5.7 V8

Youll do better than $77k by a couple. Especially leading up to the end of the month!

Bomber
21-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Only one they can afford to discount is Limited, the others have such waiting lists that CJ penalise them if they get discounted. Generally you're better off trying to get extras at reduced price eg real tyres, but with the Overland if they're ordered at time of purchase they get LCTax so you may not be any better off....

Brisneyland
21-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Carsales have got heaps of Overlands available now, mostly V8's. The diesel is pretty limited and you might struggle with a discount. If you are not too fussed with colours and want a more standard trim colour (ie Black!!) you might get lucky with whats up on CS right now.

Walker
21-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I too would love to hear what people are paying. I am looking at getting a Limited or Overland, it depends what sort of trade in I get on the Prado.

I don't believe that dealers won't discount, dealers will always discount for a sale, it's just a matter of how much.

A friend bought a diesel Overland at the beginning of the year. He got it with every option pack you can get and included caravan brake wiring and paid $73k drive away which I thought was not too bad.

SkipXH
22-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Got my 5.7L Overland factory order with tow pack for 72k drive away, so yes get them down!

Geomonger
22-05-2012, 08:33 AM
We just bought 2 of the Overland CRDs in Perth (company cars). Paid about $74k driveaway each with factory towbar and extra dark window tint on fron windows. We needed cars quickly, so we were stuck with colors in stock, 1 black 1 silver.

As noted above, they're simply not going to haggle much on the Overland CRD, as they can sell them faster than supplies arrive. You have to decide what colors you are okay with and grab a car if it's available!

Brown Dog
22-05-2012, 02:05 PM
$74.500 in Victoria & 10 day wait.
Included tow bar kit, roof racks and rear tub mat (reversible).
Not sure why, maybe I bought someone else's Jeep :)
Apparently the one I wanted just arrived on the boat?
Maximum Steele

Maybe would have liked the Black as Steele is a lot closer to black than grey!
I thought it was going to be like charcoal, never had chance to see color before purchase, but very happy with vehicle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jezza50
22-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the replies people. I was hoping for low 70's with the towbar and tint and that seems achievable.

Now hopefully somewhere has the colour I'm after in stock or arriving soon. I'll post up my result soon (hopefully) :)

fwdjeep
23-05-2012, 07:13 AM
It's actually against the law
Trade practice act for jeep to dictate a no discount policy on vehicles
It's up to the dealer
They get a profi plus about $3 to $4,000 for delers delivery. Must be the dearest car wash in history.

jezza50
07-06-2012, 08:19 PM
So today I signed for $73K for an Overland but I couldn't get the extras thrown in. Have to pay $350 for front window tint and $1250 for the tow pack (tow bar, weather-shields, bonnet protector and the "Roadside safety kit").

The car was already on the way so there is a 7 week wait. The guy said they weren't taking any more orders until August because of the backlog of orders they already have. That may be true or it may be a load of shit to get me to sign but it sounds reasonable (and it kinda worked).

So yeah, they will discount. I reckon I could have done better but I've never been good at it.

timbotrog
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Mate, take it out, get it dirty and enjoy it. That is all that matters.

drover
08-06-2012, 04:17 AM
7 weeks would drive me nuts waiting. Hope you have a great time with it when it arrives.