WK2 Snow Mode this morning [Archive] - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

PDA

View Full Version : WK2 Snow Mode this morning

scarps
03-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Got to use snow mode this morning for the first time. Felt quite safe and in control under the curcumstances.

http://img.tapatalk.com/95879159-af8e-bc2c.jpg

toedipper
03-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Wow, looks cold. Bet those seat warmers felt good.

I was down the beach this morning with the kids and the dog having a swim.....makes you realise the size of the country and its contrasts.

mm1964
03-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Got to use snow mode this morning for the first time. Felt quite safe and in control under the curcumstances.

nice shot scarps

ClarkeyWKCRD
03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Great pic scarps.

timbotrog
03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Scarps, I saw another WK2 on the Bogong High Plains rd around lunchtime heading back towards Falls Creek village from around Wallace's Hut area. My first experience in decent snow. The snow plough hadn't been through. How did it go in snow mode?

scarps
03-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Hi Scarps, I saw another WK2 on the Bogong High Plains rd around lunchtime heading back towards Falls Creek village from around Wallace's Hut area. My first experience in decent snow. The snow plough hadn't been through. How did it go in snow mode?

Very happy with the drive and handling. This was my first drive in serious snow (4 to 8inches deep) in any vehicle and the WK2 snow mode handled brilliantly. No slipping or sliding (which I have experienced in mud the weekend before)

scarps
03-06-2012, 07:09 PM
gday, great pic, where abouts is that?

Heading south of Thredbo on The Alpine Way this morning. At the crest of the hill just before the road drops down toward Tom Groggin.

ClarkeyWKCRD
03-06-2012, 07:25 PM
What Tyres are you running scarps?

scarps
03-06-2012, 07:53 PM
What Tyres are you running scarps?
Just the stock Kuhmo Solus's for now. AT's on the to do list

ClarkeyWKCRD
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Ok. I sent my dealer an email to see if they'll change my Khumos to Coopers A/T3s. Don't like my chances...

Gazz1958
03-06-2012, 08:14 PM
the wk2 looks great in the snow, two weeks to go before I get mine then off to the snow

Gazz:rolleyes:

chrisk
04-06-2012, 07:11 AM

Wow, your car looks great. We were there just after Easter and there had been a slight dusting a few night s before. Probably a place called Dead Horse Gap, great veiws down to Vic and back up to Thredbo. Enjoy your trip...

scarps
04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Wow, your car looks great. We were there just after Easter and there had been a slight dusting a few night s before. Probably a place called Dead Horse Gap, great veiws down to Vic and back up to Thredbo. Enjoy your trip...
Thnx Chris, back home now, but if time and work permitted, would be back up there in a heartbeat. We had fantastic clear blue skies on the Friday, slightly overcast on the Sat, and woke to the snow falling on the Sunday. Was sad to drive down the mountain as Thredbo looked somewhat fairytale. Highly recommend the drive if anyone has time this winter.
The road from Khancoban via Geehi, Tom Groggin & Dead Horse Gap to Thredbo is a great scenic drive (just watch for fallen rock on the road between Khancoban and Geehi) and knowing that the WK2 can do it with ease (depending of course on driver confidence) I can only suggest worth the drive.

Thinking of a round trip in a few weeks going via the above, but then coming back via Adaminaby to Tumut.