Mobile phone cradles [Archive] - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone cradles

Thommo
06-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi Guys,
Anyone found a good quality phone holder to mount to the wk2 console?
Preferably of the no drilling holes variety (phone in this case is Samsung S3)

Cheers
Thommo

scarps
06-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Cheers
Thommo

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I bought 2 neoprene stubby holders and inserted them into the cup holders next to the gear stick. I sit my mobile phone in one linked by bluetooth to the UConnect, and bottle of water in the other. No screw holes, but stored safely/securely.

If I need to charge the phone, I use a USB charger and store the phone in the top section of the centre console. Again, connected handsfree via bluetooth and UConnect.

Kev.
07-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi Guys,

Cheers
Thommo

Hi mate,

I use one of these along with a TomTom iPhone Cradle that I've had for a couple of years:

http://mountonus.com/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee/Brodit-ProClip-Mount-654549-35499.aspx

I've used the Brodit mounting solutions in a few cars now, always seems to be a good compromise (no damage to the dash). Note - you need two things, a phone cradle AND a vehicle mount. They don't both have to be from Brodit, I just attached the iPhone cradle with screws to the mount.

The Jeep GC version is very sturdy - extremely happy with it. I had to get it from the UK as I couldn't find an Aus supplier.

Kev.

Thommo
07-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I bought 2 neoprene stubby holders and inserted them into the cup holders next to the gear stick. I sit my mobile phone in one linked by bluetooth to the UConnect, and bottle of water in the other. No screw holes, but stored safely/securely.

If I need to charge the phone, I use a USB charger and store the phone in the top section of the centre console. Again, connected handsfree via bluetooth and UConnect.

Thanks Scarps, thats what I use now, keep having to take it out so the missus can use the drink holder as well:(

Thommo
07-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi mate,

I use one of these along with a TomTom iPhone Cradle that I've had for a couple of years:

http://mountonus.com/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee/Brodit-ProClip-Mount-654549-35499.aspx

I've used the Brodit mounting solutions in a few cars now, always seems to be a good compromise (no damage to the dash). Note - you need two things, a phone cradle AND a vehicle mount. They don't both have to be from Brodit, I just attached the iPhone cradle with screws to the mount.

The Jeep GC version is very sturdy - extremely happy with it. I had to get it from the UK as I couldn't find an Aus supplier.

Kev.
Hi Kev,
Did see that one when I was searching, didn't want to block the aircon vent though. Thanks anyway

scarps
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks Scarps, thats what I use now, keep having to take it out so the missus can use the drink holder as well:(

I'm somewhat lucky in that my mrs doesn't drink coffee, so she gets to use the passenger door drink holder for her bottles and cans:-)

fester
07-08-2012, 09:29 AM
What about one of the Ram mounts off the windscreen. They have a range of products and always pretty sturdy.

Savvas
06-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi Guys,

Cheers
Thommo

Found this the other day when looking for options to mount a UHF mic. Look pretty neat, and no drilling ...

www.holdmyphone.com.au