PDA

View Full Version : Service Costs WK2 JGC

Bubba
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
I have decided to buy a WK2 JGC Limited for my next company vehicle. I would really like the diesel however it is starting to stretch the budget and my dealer has a V6 petrol Limited with Quadra Lift that they are offering me a decent deal on.

I was in Brisbane last week and dropped into another dealer and they insinuated that the QL system requires regular servicing and that it adds quite a lot to the service costs. They did not give any details or expand on the comment so I don't know if it was a legitimate comment or just something he said to sway me towards a standard suspension vehicle that they have on the yard.

Is there anyone out there who has QL fitted and has seen a breakdown of their service cost which shows the QL components and if so do you mind posting how much?

I would also be interested in seeing a breakdown of service cost by engine/KMS/dealer. It might show a trend of which dealers are playing fair or profiteering on servicing.

Thanks in advance.

JnK
12-11-2012, 06:18 AM
We have a 2012 Laredo diesel with QL (19500K) delivered in March 12.
Nominal services are 6 months, 10,000K on these, I believe 12000K on the petrol.
In NZ and Europe the CRD service interval is 20K.
The vehicle has an oil change indicator system that will identify when service is due so an owner may use that instead of a regular KM interval.
My 10K service cost $250 and I supplied the oil because I didn't want a dealer one size fits all oil. Reports generally are around the mid $400 for service. This week it is getting a 20K service as we are heading away with the van for 8 weeks. I'll supply the oil again.
All in all I don't think it is any more expensive to service than most modern vehicles.

I'm not aware of any specific service requirements for the QL- it is a sealed nitrogen system and I'd actually be happier with the dealer not messing with it.
Likely down the track out of warranty it could be expensive but that will apply to any number of components.

Day to day driving and towing the van, this vehicle is an absolute pleasure.

m121180
12-11-2012, 02:19 PM
CRD 40K KM service is supposed to be $1,200...

I'm still considering moving the WK2 over to somebody like UltraTune for a service as $1,200 seems too much considering the $20K KM service was only $500.

Tiddy
12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
CRD 40K KM service is supposed to be $1,200...

I'm still considering moving the WK2 over to somebody like UltraTune for a service as $1,200 seems too much considering the $20K KM service was only $500.

Im sorry...but no amount of logic will convince me that a 40k service just for a Jeep is $1200.00.

There must be huge gouging going there. I mean what are they doing to justify that amount of money

tiddy