PDA

View Full Version : Front and rear suspension clunks

imaz
21-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Anyone else also feel the shocks or suspension is too stiff and clunks when going over speed humps? Non quadra lift.

bmackin
22-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Anyone else also feel the shocks or suspension is too stiff and clunks when going over speed humps? Non quadra lift.

The suspension on my 2012 Quadra Lift clunks occasionally off road. From what I can tell it happens when there is not enough downward wheel travel, (i.e. wheel drops into a hole and can't touch the bottom, etc.). The suspension pushes the wheel down and it clunks when it reaches the downward limit. If the wheel is eased downward to max downward wheel travel, there is no clunk, only when the downward max is reached abruptly. Seemed to happen fairly often when driving over tree roots and stepped trails on Fraser Island.

imaz
22-02-2013, 02:00 PM
The suspension on my 2012 Quadra Lift clunks occasionally off road. From what I can tell it happens when there is not enough downward wheel travel, (i.e. wheel drops into a hole and can't touch the bottom, etc.). The suspension pushes the wheel down and it clunks when it reaches the downward limit. If the wheel is eased downward to max downward wheel travel, there is no clunk, only when the downward max is reached abruptly. Seemed to happen fairly often when driving over tree roots and stepped trails on Fraser Island.

Different ball park, must be the independant suspension setup on our cheap versions. Bloody awful, and stiff. I've never owned a 4x4 before, so I dont know if its normal.