PDA

View Full Version : How to attach uhf aerial on wk 2013

malken
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Hi all
I am installing a uhf radio and am after info on how to attach the aerial to the guard. I will get a Z mount type fitting but when I looked at where to mount it a couple of days ago none of the screws on the guard were easily accessible to attach the Z mount. I don't have my car at the moment to go have another look.
Any help and pictures much appreciated.
Cheers
Mal

paul mac
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Have a search in Grand section a few people have posted UHF install up.
Bolts as easy to get at but you need to lift the plastic trim on top of mud guard under the bonnet. Its held on with reusable plastic pin clips . You will need to shape your bracket a bit as well as the guard & bonnet clearance is tight.

Brockie
29-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi Mal,

I have a WH Grand. Use self tapping panel screws.

scarps
29-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi Mal,

I have a WH Grand. Use self tapping panel screws.

That's how I had mine initially until I had the Uneek4x4 winch bar fitted. Now the uhf aerial sits proudly on the front.

Gazz1958
06-01-2014, 08:49 AM
I have mounted my UHF antenna at the rear of my WK2 just above the right hand tail light assemble. I flattened a Z bracket and then shapped it on a wooden mold so it fitted the top of the flat cavity and top of the light lense. Sealed and locked it in with clear selastic and stainless steel screws. If you search my user name and UHF antenna I have already posted pictures.

Gazz