POLY4X4
Find out how to advertise on Ausjeep?

ARB 2014 WK2 Grand Cherokee Bar Release [Archive] - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

PDA

View Full Version : ARB 2014 WK2 Grand Cherokee Bar Release

ARB 4X4 Accessories
17-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi all, we've released the 2014 WK2 bar today. Several minor changes have been made to accommodate the subtle design differences (bumper profile, headlights, parking sensor locations etc) between the 2011-2013 models and the 2014 variant.

The part number for the new bar is 3450420.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p526/ARB-4X4-Accessories/Vehicle%20Specific/Jeep/JeepGC_2014_zpsb5c50700.jpg (http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/ARB-4X4-Accessories/media/Vehicle%20Specific/Jeep/JeepGC_2014_zpsb5c50700.jpg.html)

Our product release can be viewed here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81008840/2014%20WK2%20Jeep%20Grand%20Cherokee%20-%20Deluxe%20Bar.pdf).

Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers, Sam.

baza32000
18-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Is there a 'Sahara' style on the horizon?

Thanks, Glen.

ARB 4X4 Accessories
18-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Is there a 'Sahara' style on the horizon?

Thanks, Glen.

Hi Glen, nothing planned in the near future. That's not to say it won't happen at some point though. Many factors, including demand, will dictate if and when it goes ahead.

Cheers, Sam.

lt4vette
07-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi Sam, I have a 2014 Overland and want a bar in a few weeks. Have you fitted many to this model yet, and if so, does the ACW radar system still work OK? I ask because at least one of the competitive bars does have issues.
Thanks, Russell

ARB 4X4 Accessories
07-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi Sam, I have a 2014 Overland and want a bar in a few weeks. Have you fitted many to this model yet, and if so, does the ACW radar system still work OK? I ask because at least one of the competitive bars does have issues.
Thanks, Russell

Hi Russell, we've fitted quite a few to radar equipped WK2s without issue.

Ensuring compatibility with the radar and associated safety systems played a big part in our development for this bar which contributed, in part, to a longer than ideal time in getting the bar to market.

Cheers, Sam.

lt4vette
09-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi Russell, we've fitted quite a few to radar equipped WK2s without issue.

Ensuring compatibility with the radar and associated safety systems played a big part in our development for this bar which contributed, in part, to a longer than ideal time in getting the bar to market.

Cheers, Sam.
Hi Sam,
I went to Hunter Valley ARB yesterday to talk about bull bars, roof racks etc, and spent some time discussing the colour of the bar. I have a deep cherry red JGC, and am concerned that a colour coded bar might be too much. A mate suggested Using Plastiwrap over the black powder coat or even the naked bar ( I have had powder coated bars before and they deteriorate quite fast).
The guy at ARB said that ADR's don't allow this, but couldn't tell me why. Sounds a bit strange, so I wonder if you can shed any light on it?
Thanks,
Russell

lt4vette
09-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi Sam,
I went to Hunter Valley ARB yesterday to talk about bull bars, roof racks etc, and spent some time discussing the colour of the bar. I have a deep cherry red JGC, and am concerned that a colour coded bar might be too much. A mate suggested Using Plastiwrap over the black powder coat or even the naked bar ( I have had powder coated bars before and they deteriorate quite fast).
The guy at ARB said that ADR's don't allow this, but couldn't tell me why. Sounds a bit strange, so I wonder if you can shed any light on it?
Thanks,
Russell
I might mean "plastidip"
Russell

lt4vette
09-04-2014, 08:24 AM
I might mean "plastidip"
Russell
Sorry to get so confused here Sam - I DO mean the vinyl wrap!
Russell

ARB 4X4 Accessories
09-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Hi Sam,
Thanks,
Russell

Hi Russell, unless it covered the indicators or headlights, we're not aware of any information to suggest that a vinyl wrap would impact ADRs but you'd be best to check with the wrapping company to be sure.

Cheers, Sam.