PDA

View Full Version : Too many issues

collo7
28-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi all, Had my Cherokee Longitude since December 2014. It is my work vehicle so have punched out 60,000 km since then.

Just wanting an honest opinion on this car. I have had a tyre pressure warning which kept appearing even though the pressure was correct. rear parking sensors replaced under warranty as they never worked from the beginning. Another alert saying I had 5% oil life one week after it was serviced. Then another week after that the MIL light appeared and it has been sitting in the dealership since Friday morning waiting for some part to do with the oil pressure sensor? Also to add to my frustration a recall notice arrives Friday afternoon whilst I am forced to drive a bloody Toyota Prius as a loan car from the dealership....

Has anyone else experienced these same issues?

Cheers

layback40
28-09-2015, 09:58 AM
You give very few details like your location. Dont expect much help. if you said your location some one maybe able to suggest a better dealer to take it to. You have only had minor electrical faults. Having all the bells & whistles is going to result in problems. More things to go wrong.

collo7
28-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Didn't really think my location was relevant..., Also wasn't really after help. More just a query as to wether anybody else had experienced similar issues? whether minor or not, 6 visits to the local dealership in 9 months is not good enough. I have since taken it to a different dealer in Wangaratta Victoria and hopefully they can sort out these issues...

lujabe
28-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Hi mate,

I have a trailhawk I've had since Jan and has covered 21,000 Kms - I can barely fault the thing to be honest - a couple of minor niggles but so far it's proving trouble free. Sorry to hear you're having some troubles with yours - I guess the silver lining though is that you've mentioned nothing mechanical. Good luck - hopefully the guys at Wangaratta are of a little more assistance than the previous dealership.

layback40
28-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Didn't really think my location was relevant..., Also wasn't really after help. More just a query as to wether anybody else had experienced similar issues? whether minor or not, 6 visits to the local dealership in 9 months is not good enough. I have since taken it to a different dealer in Wangaratta Victoria and hopefully they can sort out these issues...

I wouldnt bother taking it to Shepparton if you were thinking of that.

260DET
28-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Sensors seem to be a common problem likely to arise with any modern car, there are a lot of them and their reliability is not as good as it should be I think. So it looks like there is some dreaded 'bad luck' involved here but I would not worry about the tailgate motor recall, once the parts are available it will be done next service.

Have not had any of the problems mentioned, so far.

SJetc
28-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Hi all, Had my Cherokee Longitude since December 2014. It is my work vehicle so have punched out 60,000 km since then.

Just wanting an honest opinion on this car. I have had a tyre pressure warning which kept appearing even though the pressure was correct. rear parking sensors replaced under warranty as they never worked from the beginning. Another alert saying I had 5% oil life one week after it was serviced. Then another week after that the MIL light appeared and it has been sitting in the dealership since Friday morning waiting for some part to do with the oil pressure sensor? Also to add to my frustration a recall notice arrives Friday afternoon whilst I am forced to drive a bloody Toyota Prius as a loan car from the dealership....

Has anyone else experienced these same issues?

Cheers

Re: the oil life. After each service, you must make sure that they reset the OL. I usually change the EVIC to display the OL for both our GC and the KL when they go into service. It's just a reminder for the service team to reset it back to 100%.

I really don't see the frustration in receiving a recall notice for something that can wait until the next service. I also received the letter but just filed it in the meantime.

12,00kms now on our Limited CRD (delivery Nov '14) and no issues to report. Loving it. :D

SeaComms
28-09-2015, 05:46 PM
I have been following several KL forums for a few months now after deciding on a TH mid June.

The oil Life reading is simply a dealership miss when it was serviced (and you can reset it yourself).

The TPS error sounds like one sensor was stuffed - not uncommon in any vehicles but not one I have read much of on the KLs.

Engine MIL is also not very common on these either, though yours sounds like the oil pressure sensor is playing up and they are already on to it with a loan vehicle in the mean time.

Overall given the 60,000km I would say thats pretty uneventful! The main claim to fame (or notoriety) for these vehicles is either gearbox issues, which seemed to have been sorted mostly by late 2014, or vibrations from front half shafts. Neither of which seem to be plaguing you!

I only have a very uneventful 2500km on mine so far but from the problems you have mentioned I personally would not be overly concerned at this point.

Stressball
28-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Quick, you had better start a 'Destroy my Jeep - The KK sequel' and source an excavator real quick!!!! Who's going to contact the media to get it rolling?

ColinH
30-09-2015, 12:37 PM
I've had quite a few issues with mine but they have been mechanical. Transmission has been replaced twice and consistent oil leaks. It's been off-road for 5 weeks and is not yet a year old.
Latest stint is 3 weeks at the service shop and I genuinely hope all is fixed as I love the car. If not I'll be asking for a replacement vehicle. Also, I'll be swapping service centre going forward.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

bjm
02-10-2015, 06:03 AM
ColinH The ACCC are at the moment asking for any Jeep owners to contact them re service problems not fixed ,parts delay etc etc I think yours would fall into that category !!

SeaComms
02-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Hmm, i should give them some feedback on spare part prices then after being quoted $1,631 for one alloy rim

snowing
02-10-2015, 10:52 AM
That sounds about right. :) They have quote me a 6k winch before.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

oldon
02-10-2015, 09:24 PM
Hmm, i should give them some feedback on spare part prices then after being quoted $1,631 for one alloy rim

You should have reached over the counter & given a quick choking with his tie.

bjm
03-10-2015, 06:26 AM
GO to the new post ACCC and Jeep read the ACCC info if you are having continuing problems with your vehicle,they mean business !!