PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Predator camper trailer?

Nanook
11-01-2016, 05:51 AM
I'm particularly interested in their Viper RT model.

I've been keen to buy from Patriot as the box trailer with a roof top tent style would suit my needs. However last week on the way home from camping in the Snowy Mountains I passed (I can't believe he was going slower than me) a Patrol towing a Predator camper which I've never heard of.

I looked them up when I got home and their Viper Model starts at $15k. There is a reason for this as these trailers are Chinese made which turned me off but further research reveals they are then modified in Australia for our conditions.

So now I'm just after opinions from anyone that knows anything about them.

http://www.predatorcampers.com.au/

silverfox1111
11-01-2016, 06:33 AM
Gday nanook
I dont have one, but i did look at one at a camping show.
Looked to have all the now standard hard floor equipment & reasonable quality.
I thought they were dearer than your saying, or maybe they had an up-spec model at the show.
Barry

Dizzyh
11-01-2016, 06:41 AM
The Viper RT is similar to the Patriot, its not a hard floor camper.
Looking at the pictures, seems fairly nice.
I don't like the colours though.

I'm also not sold on that drawbar, and the Patriot seems to utilise their space better.
The awning I would want to wrap around, so would prefer a fox wing style.

chris0375
11-01-2016, 06:59 AM
Read the warranty. 12 months with lots of exclusions. Type of thing you really need to see in person. Guessing it is Chinese. Obviously there is good Chinese and bad Chinese. In person it will be pretty easy to gauge quality.

Most Chinese trailers I have seen have been pretty cheap and nasty. Use absolute minimum about of welding and paint required. Don't use grommets on penetrations etc.

Nanook
11-01-2016, 08:08 AM
It is Chinese however everything I've read says that they are beefed up in Australia.

Agree about the fox wing awning. It's definitely something I would change.

The limited edition gold and black is $16-17k on their website. The standard ones (I'd get black and silver) start at $15k