PDA

View Full Version : Technical Service Bulletins - Source

260DET
09-07-2016, 10:05 PM
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f76/tsb-and-recall-information-2014-2016-kl-cherokee-71873.html

For my early 2015 diesel, TSB # 21-012-16 dated 31 March 16 covers a reflash for the 9 speed shift enhancement. As 2>3, 3>4 and 4>3 can be rough or uncoordinated I'm going to ask my dealer for this.

Anyone else had it done? For anyone having any problem I suggest browsing the TSB's listed in the source linked above.

260DET
26-07-2016, 06:39 PM
TSB 21 012 16 gearbox reflash done, it is different now, better but still not as good as might be expected. The lower gear upshifts are smoother, particularly 2>3 which was rough on occasions. Downshifting, hmmm, from say 5th the engine will give a bit of a rev sometimes I guess to smooth the shift which it does but it also interferes with the slowing down process so requiring more use of the brake.

I suspect that the factory is trying to minimumise slip to protect the clutches when usually a bit of slip would smooth shifts, particularly down shifts.

260DET
19-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Auto shifting has improved, the little bugger must be learning something. It's not perfect but if downshifts are not going to be smoothed by some clutch slip then this is about it, instead the programme is to try to use some engine revs just like you would shift a manual box to facilitate smooth downshifting. Except that an auto does not usually have gaps between gears to allow some rev input so this results in a momentary speed increase which is not really what you want when you want to slow down and minimumise braking to do so.

Oh well, the rest of the car is good, sometimes very good, so if that is it then OK I'll live with it.