PDA

View Full Version : Loveday 14/10 - 16/10

Skettler
03-10-2016, 09:04 PM
I'll be heading up to loveday with the Missus on the 14th, hopefully with Tookles behind me if his XJ is finally running.

Welcome to join us. Let me know so I can change how many cars we'll have at our campsite to make sure we have enough room.

Grippy
04-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Oh bugger, that's the Friday isn't it? I have a T&D on that day, maybe able to make it later on
Was supposed to be doing Googs with some mates and threw the notice out for a home to join but its going to be 41 at Tarcoola so we will give it a miss, will probably doing Big Desert this weekend if anyone keen

Sent from my SM-T530 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Skettler
04-10-2016, 11:14 AM
We'll be heading up the Friday afternoon. I've still got work so the wheeling will be during the actual weekend

Wombat756
04-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Sigh. I missed out on the border track trip, and it seems ill miss this one as well. Initually i thought i could join in for a day trip, but according to the missus we already have comitments.... hope you all have a great trip without me though :)

Tookles
04-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Youll get there one day wombat!
As for me.... wish me luck, tried starting it this evening. nothing. But then i remembered i broke one of the wires to the starter motor. Going to put a new clip on it tomorrow and try again. Then hope hope hope it starts
would love to do big desert this weekend but it just wont happen for me haha

Tookles
08-10-2016, 06:38 PM
So yet again bad news.

The xj with the starter motor all sorted it still didn't want to start. I think I am just about defeated now but hey....

But the real bad news is once again this trip will have to be postponed/canceled.
Just texted skettler about the xj and he's had an even worse day been in what sounds like a terrible accident where he broke his arm. Obviously he will be out of action for a while. But don't stress he wasn't in the jeep!!! phew!

At this point I just feel like this trip was destined not to happen, but one day we will get there!

I think I can speak for everyone when I say hope you have a speedy recovery Skettler, see you soon.

Skettler
08-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Thanks mate. Hopefully it isn't too bad. Guess the girlfriend gets to love the Jeep for a while.

Grippy
11-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Hopefully Skettler is alright 👍
I am sure you will sort the Cherokee out soon mate and we will have a day out somewhere.
Just rolled in home from 4 days kicking around Big Desert, Wyperfield and Ngarkat. Some great driving out there 😆👍

Tookles
11-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Trying my hardest I need a day/weekend of wheeling haha.
That's awesome! Glad someone managed to get out, a lot of water out there?

Grippy
11-10-2016, 05:09 PM
A crazy amount , I was first recovery of the trip, right at the top gate of the Border Track, sooo wet and boggy, then we turned left down Firebreak Track into Big Desert and did the massive dunes in there. Big Billy Bore was under water, we camped up the back and it was awesome and dry, White Springs campground was about 1 and half ft under water, good to drive through though 👍
It's a great drive out there, some massive dunes that none of us got up, I actually made it up a couple that my mates Prado didn't so chalk one up for the Jeep 👍 usually his walks up everything