PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Leak at Breakfast Creek Hotel

Ringer13
01-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Hello, I've just pulled up at Breakfast Creek Hotel in Bris and have diesel squirting out from underneath my WK2 whilst running, not when stopped. To make things worse, I'm flying to Texas 8:30am tomorrow morn. My plan was to leave vehicle in long term parking for 3 weeks. Does anyone know of a mechanic locally? It's coming out of a part passenger side of centre and just behind centre pillar, there are 2, what look like Welsh plugs close together, one looks to be cracked, is this the fuel pump?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

spoondog
01-03-2017, 06:18 PM
It's not just a fuel filter is it? There are 2 of them and it sounds like a similar position to what you mention.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/imagehosting/3414658b69184260eb.png

TR Laredo
01-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Is probably the fuel filter assembly (pg 345 of owners manual refers). There are two fuel filters side by side plus a water drain plug between the 2. Check to see if they are tight etc as they are under pressure when the ignition is on/engine is running. Not sure where you'll find a mechanic as I'm in Vic.

Cheers

Ringer13
01-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Spoondog, nailed it!! The bottom of the fuel filter has a crack. Had a 3 hr drive to Bris and the whole back of the vehicle is covered in diesel. The fella i bought it off used his own Mech, good on him, he used aftermarket filters and had an oil filter go on him and now a fuel filter. Apparently an awesome Mech, but his choice in filters ain't too good!!

TR Laredo, thanks for the input mate, appreciated!

TR Laredo
02-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Probably find the fuel filter bottom was over tightened which caused it to crack.

FirdausY
15-03-2017, 07:29 PM
When I began replacing the regulator, I pressed down on the Schrader to release any fuel pressure. When I installed the new regulator, and turned on the engine, fuel is seeping out of the Schrader valve which never occurred before I replaced the regulator.