PDA

View Full Version : USA Parts

CAMD
24-08-2017, 08:11 AM
USA Parts Supply
I would like to purchase from the US, a centre console bin, so I can take the CD player out of my JGC.
Which US company do people Use?
Most company's can supply the bin OK but their freight costs seem high
Any Suggestions

Richard buttocks
24-08-2017, 09:41 AM
"shipporter" are the cheapest i could find to send over 60kg worth of crap. give them a try

timsarg
24-08-2017, 05:33 PM
USA Parts Supply
I would like to purchase from the US, a centre console bin, so I can take the CD player out of my JGC.
Which US company do people Use?
Most company's can supply the bin OK but their freight costs seem high
Any Suggestions

when you find one let me know. i to want to replace the shitty bin i have with a cd player i don't use for a useable centre console bin

Barboots
24-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Group buy?

desertman
24-08-2017, 09:01 PM
I'd be in a group buy as well.

Cheers,

DM

GCDingo
25-08-2017, 12:36 PM
I used moparamerica for all my bits when I first got my GC. They seemed to be the cheapest from what I could find and I did get the storage bin also. They ship direct. Just make sure regardless you use the VIN check on mopar america. That way if they get it wrong they have to fix it at their cost.

I replaced all my door handles from chromes ones to colour coded and they sent me LHD handles for the front. Luckily I had used my VIN and they paid for the shipping back to US and the replacements after short back and forth until I quoted their T&C's about providing VIN and their guarantee.

I use my american shipper for my mustang parts I buy as they are very good. If you are buying bulk, check a few of the freighters as some offer deals for first timers like 20%. My american shipper give you an address and phone number to use to buy, when the goods come in they open the boxes and take photos. You then get an alert and can check to see the goods are what you ordered and then you can tell them to ship or hold them for up to 30 days to combine other items to ship all at once if you want. They generally give you several quotes to ship also.

PS the storage bin replacement is well worth it but fitting the little LED they give you is a PITA to get power for. I just didn't use it.

Markus
29-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Could certainly be tempted to replace the stupid console bin and remove the CD player, so group buy would be the way to go.

timsarg
30-08-2017, 11:24 AM
I used moparamerica for all my bits when I first got my GC. They seemed to be the cheapest from what I could find and I did get the storage bin also. They ship direct. Just make sure regardless you use the VIN check on mopar america. That way if they get it wrong they have to fix it at their cost.

I replaced all my door handles from chromes ones to colour coded and they sent me LHD handles for the front. Luckily I had used my VIN and they paid for the shipping back to US and the replacements after short back and forth until I quoted their T&C's about providing VIN and their guarantee.

I use my american shipper for my mustang parts I buy as they are very good. If you are buying bulk, check a few of the freighters as some offer deals for first timers like 20%. My american shipper give you an address and phone number to use to buy, when the goods come in they open the boxes and take photos. You then get an alert and can check to see the goods are what you ordered and then you can tell them to ship or hold them for up to 30 days to combine other items to ship all at once if you want. They generally give you several quotes to ship also.

PS the storage bin replacement is well worth it but fitting the little LED they give you is a PITA to get power for. I just didn't use it.

dingo how hard was it to replace the bin ?

timbotrog
30-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Good l luck with that!

I formerly worked at a dealership and when the WK update came out, no one realized the disc player was an option, not a standard fixture.

We ordered a new one in for a customer, fitted it but we could never get the vehicle to "talk" to it.

For some reason they just aren't backwards compatible.

GCDingo
30-08-2017, 04:10 PM
dingo how hard was it to replace the bin ?

Was pretty easy. Took about half an hour or so. I have a fair bit of experience pulling new interiors apart so wasn't too bad. There are a few vids on youtube that will help. Anyone can really do it with a bit of care and time.