PDA

View Full Version : CRD Fuel system filter?

55zed
11-09-2017, 04:59 AM
Just putting this out there. ..
Fuel pump self destruction is a bit of a worry , more so the crap that will then pollute
The fuel rails and injectors, wondering if there is a in line filter, screen unit that can be fitted after the pump in the hp fuel line
I might check out some hydraulic options, might save an engine or fuel system components
Whats people's thoughts?
John

skipperau
11-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Just putting this out there. ..

Fuel pump self destruction is a bit of a worry , more so the crap that will then pollute

The fuel rails and injectors, wondering if there is a in line filter, screen unit that can be fitted after the pump in the hp fuel line

I might check out some hydraulic options, might save an engine or fuel system components

Whats people's thoughts?

John

Where is the pump located on those John?

Doug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lewy2001
11-09-2017, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=skipperau;1619642]Where is the pump located on those /QUOTE]

On the front of RHS cylinder head...... would not be feasible to try and filter after the pump doubt any filter could handle the high pressure.

skipperau
11-09-2017, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=skipperau;1619642]Where is the pump located on those /QUOTE]

On the front of RHS cylinder head...... would not be feasible to try and filter after the pump doubt any filter could handle the high pressure.

On the high pressure side there'd be between say 4-5000psi at idle and up to 30000psi at the higher end so no, I doubt anything is made to cope with those sorts of pressures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

55zed
11-09-2017, 05:23 PM
I realize the pressure that exists that is why I am leaning towards a hydraulics type filter or screen