PDA

View Full Version : Nutserts

troyster
21-06-2003, 10:02 AM
Does anybody know where I can source the 1/2" nutserts (threaded inserts) that are used to attach the bash plates to the chassis??
I bought a transfer case skid plate and have managed to loose one of the nutserts.
Jeep want to buy another skid just for one nutsert!! I have tried universal bolt places with no luck
Any suggestions??

Bogged
21-06-2003, 11:44 AM
nutserts are difficult to find.. Trying to remember where to get them. Most 4wd stores should have some ( try USA4x4 or similar.. ARB?) They use them to put roofracks on vehicles that don't have gutters, and are permanantely attached.

or

Keables P/L
185 A'Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3000 (street)

Hope this helps!

kyro
21-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Last time i needed some i got them from a smash repair shop they used them to put the mirrors on the doors of 4wd utes

Gildo
22-06-2003, 01:59 AM
I use the smaller ones on my consoles and sound bars, but they may be different than what you need, Textron are the manufacturers and I deal with their office here in Mulgrave. Or give Thomas Warburtons a try, also in Mulgrave, but they have several branches 9574 3434.
You will need to take a sample in to most places to get them to ID the right bit.
GOOD LUCK!

troyster
26-11-2003, 10:54 AM
I managed to source some from a supplier in the US (KL Sales). Only problem was that I had to buy 20 off. They cost a couple of $ each. If anybody needs of some let me know.

wrench
26-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Northside fasteners in Brisbane stocks them & so does Wurth Aust. Wurth only deal to the trade so talk to a few mechanics or p/beaters & find someone who uses them.
David

murray
26-11-2003, 08:21 PM
i use textron here in wa

TJPete
26-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Does anybody know where I can source the 1/2" nutserts (threaded inserts) that are used to attach the bash plates to the chassis??
I bought a transfer case skid plate and have managed to loose one of the nutserts.
Jeep want to buy another skid just for one nutsert!! I have tried universal bolt places with no luck
Any suggestions??

Troyster,

We carry nut-serts in stock. Call our workshop tomorrow for details. URL below.