PDA

View Full Version : arb lift

paul mac
20-06-2003, 05:59 AM
Howdy all, im new here. Any body else have an ARB lift in there wg,j. Any problems. I have shocks leaking again & noises in rear + rear tyres scrub on shocks. Thinking of upgrading to a bigger lift just to annoy the missus.I have 255 coopers on as well. Any thoughts?

wrench
20-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Hey Paul.
Havent been here long myself so welcome to another newbie..
Lifted my W.G. last weekend (Yup while you people were having fun at Landcruiser Park). Being a mechanic I wasn't happy with specs available on O.M.E. stuff so I used pedders coils & am running O.E. shocks for now. Lifted it 40 - 50 mm. Ride is slightly firmer (not harsh) & handling is heaps better. Still sorting out some minor driveline vibes at the moment.
Have You still got original bits? O.E. shocks are only 15 mm shorter than O.M.E. & valve rate is just about perfect.
On the other hand If your shocks are still under wty maybe you sould talk to A.R.B.
Give me a call if you want to compare notes. I will pm my number to you.
Cheers
David

billsta
02-07-2003, 01:45 AM
are we the only 3 WJ owner on this board??? :lol: :shock:

paul mac
02-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Billsta i hope not , :shock: there must be more out there, maybe there shy?
Wrench tried to reply to your email address But it jeeps coming back to
me . I will try to catch up with you on yhe phone or something one day ta.

wrench
02-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Bit of a worry. Maybe shouda kept the old XJ & wouldn't have felt so lonely.
NAH. love me Grand. No going back. :lol:
Paul. Had a few email issues with my hosting company, but sorted out now. :oops:
Billsta. Looks like Your rig is shaping up. Love to see pics of rear storage draws.
Regards
David

billsta
03-07-2003, 12:59 AM
have you got that rubbage sorted??

wrench. will find some pic of the roller drawers and get them up in the next day or 2...

paul mac
03-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Had new shocks fitted today, some sort of update on th OME`s. No more noises or leaks, :D but they will still rub on the tyres at nearly full travel by the looks of it.
Just glad to rid of the clunks & groans. Thanks to peter foote at footo`s for the fix & service as usual.He is a great guy to deal with nothing to much trouble to him..

billsta
03-07-2003, 07:19 PM
it will rub when ya tire stuffs right up there... you can get awa with it, unless you run less backspacing rims...
or put a couple of thin wheel spacer in there,.. but thats not recommanded...

cheers