PDA

View Full Version : Help me get into online gaming

Willy
15-04-2003, 03:17 AM
hi all.

i can honestly say that i have not played an online game. EVER!

so, i need some help in finding out what i need to do to get involved. hopefully i don't get too hooked as i would still like to spend time with my jeep and wife......

so, if anyone can help - please let me know. where do i start? what do i have to install, etc.?

graemlins/spinrhead.gif

zzzz
15-04-2003, 03:48 AM
what games do you currently own?
what games do you like?
what are the specs of your processor and video card?

If you answer them it is easy to get you online and playing :D

Willy
15-04-2003, 04:09 AM
Games: I don't own many but at the moment I like playing Age of Empires I & II, Unreal Tournament and Quake. Haven't bought a game in a while and to be honest don't really know what the latest good ones are.

PC: Intel Pentium 733Mhz
32M nVIDIA GeForce 256 4X AGP, 300M SGRAM
512MB RAM
19" SONY monitor

bajedi
15-04-2003, 08:17 AM
Bro you can play online with all the games you have AOE2 might be a good place to start its not that fast and lag (lag= god or bad conection to the people you are plaing with) will not be a problem.
Q3 and UT are what we call FPS and if you have bad lag you will not know what hit you and to play them you want to be on ADSL or cabel. I play battle filed 1942 on line it lots of fun and you get to drive jeeps in it!!!!!

Just Jeepin
15-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Yep Agreed AOE2 is a good starter...

Currently playing online on Telstra's Gaming area Medal of Honour...

Top game...

Must admit though, been playing more XBOX now than ever...

I currently have

Ghost Recon (top game)
Medal of Honour
AOE2
Empire Earth
Galactic Battlegrounds
Operation Flashpoint..excellent game...
Splinter Cell...

Must admit I like my RTS and FPS games

maddog
13-08-2003, 02:54 PM
See if you can get hold of a copy of Counter Strike Willy.. It's the best online game ever created :D

Jeff
13-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Counter-strike is definitely one of the best on-line games ever, its up there with Everquest.

The problem with counterstrike is the learning curve. It's hard to find a server that doesnt have a) a bunch of annoying kids or b) a bunch of veterans who sledge all the newbies.

Definitely start with a strategy game