PDA

View Full Version : ORGANISING A TRIP?

Jimmyb
01-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Watching out for pub-liability. We must all understand that any trips listed on this forum are a mates day out and not an organised event.

With all the public liability issues at hand, we must all show some understanding that if we make friends on this forum, and go out with them to a destination, if you or your vehicle is damaged it is your responsibility, not the responsibility of the person that posted the message initiating the trip.

Thank you

[ 02 August 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: JimmyB ]

Jeff
01-08-2002, 10:53 PM
I thought that if it was posted on 2 boards at least 2 months prior to the trip it is classified as a club trip.

Mark? JSS? anyone?

Wooders
01-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Jeff - this BB is not a club. There for any trip specifically orgainised on the board is strictly a "mates" trip.
Similarly if a club trip is listed here - it remains a club trip and NOT a BB trip.

Jimmyb
02-08-2002, 04:13 AM
well given we now live in a terrible world of public litigation, there is now a disclaimer at the bottom of the forum, i suggest everyone takes heed of it, and if you dont agree to the policies then i suggest you move to another country that isnt in a mess like our :(

LEXX
02-08-2002, 04:18 AM
Do we stop trying to organise trips through the board at the moment?
My trouble is that I've joined three 4wd clubs in the last 2 years and they either turn out to be a political bun fight or don't do anything? I know as a member of these clubs that i should try and be more proactive but as a new member I don't think that I should be the one organising trips. So I find it a bit easier just to post up on here and see who wants to come for a drive.
I can see the problems that may arise from this though, but anyone who thinks that this BB is a "club" needs his head looked at. As for public insurance incase of accidents, if the bloody insurance companies would see reason and lower their rates a bit then we wouldn't need to do this because it would free up alot of clubs to be a bit more active and not be scared to orgainse a 4wd trip. The insurance for the Jamo and TTC must be HUGE!!!

Anyway that's my 2c graemlins/soapbox.gif

PK
02-08-2002, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't expect anyone else to take responsibility for my own actions - that's why we have these PL problems. I have been 4wding for 20 years, with various clubs, and also with mates on private trips, and I would not consider suing anyone if I damaged myself or vehicle. If we all wrapped ourselves up in cotton wool and did nothing because we were too scared of hurting ourselves, it would be a pretty sad existence.

MARXY
02-08-2002, 07:24 AM
JimmyB - very impressed with the disclaimer. Well done.

Jimmyb
02-08-2002, 09:25 AM
thankx guys, it is a sad state of affairs though isnt it. in qld there have been at least 2 4wd parks in as many months that have closed down due to increase in PL.

i dont see that in aus we are as savy as the usa ppl with litigation, we work hard for what we get here.

i understand that if i trip on something on the sidewalk that was just fixed and was fixed badly and was off work for 12mths that there should be compensation, but paying out millions of dollars for it is a crock. i admit there are always people that suffer, but there are also as we see on the tv progs people that rort the system. these people i have no respect for!

as for little ole me, just trying to build a community spirit up, i just want to cover my arseas well though. you never know what could happen.

anyways in summary, we're all m8s, we will travel as m8s and enjoy the country as aussies do.

battle on! graemlins/soapbox.gif

MARXY
02-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Having just gone throught the same issue with the JOCV, CGU, who operates PI for Vic 4wheelers, was clear, that to be club trip, it must follow club procedure - therefore, there must be a procedure, ie, advetised in at least one club mag, notified to event co ordinator etc.
I would go further, that this BB should carry a disclaimer that the thoughts and comments on the BB are not necessarily those of ausjeepoffroad.com or its organisers, nor should any advice be subtituted as technical advice replacing that of a mechanic etc. EG - I follow a mod suggested on the BB that goes horribly wrong.... who will I point the finger at?? It's a terrible world we live in when you start talking insurance and liability. graemlins/crying.gif

Steve
03-08-2002, 03:12 AM
Jimmy and all,

Being a Yank myself and just coming back from there last week I can say you have to cover your ass. As much as I hate to admit it, over in the US things have really gotten out of hand with all this bullshit. It all comes down to the fact that it seems nothing is our own fault but someone elses fault. It's a sad world but one we all have to live in.

Jonesy
03-08-2002, 04:07 AM
My public liability insurance for my business has gne down about $500 from last year graemlins/dunno.gif work that out?

sir_camel
03-08-2002, 06:04 AM
One word...Tasmania

OzJeeper
03-08-2002, 11:09 AM
And my PL and Prof. Indem. insurance for a part time teacher (of First Aid in the Bush) has gone from $70 to over 2,500 and that stinks!!!

Just can't afford it and therefore will stop teaching the fraternity at a cheap rate.. graemlins/dunno.gif