PDA

View Full Version : info on rock rails pls..

jeepilot
09-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Im making rockrails for my tj where and how do i attach them to the car so they will be able to support the weight of atleast half the car as all good ones should? :roll:

Grant
11-07-2004, 06:58 PM
To the chassis talk to Lexx with regards to TJ's on XJ cherokee's they are also attached to the pinch seams

OzJeeper
12-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Sorta kinda like this?

4speed
12-07-2004, 05:53 PM
If u do a search on the RTA web sight, under mod's or engineering stuff, there's a section that talks about how they would like it to bolted on, which from memory are nice big bolts through the chasse'.

Some guys weld on extra plates cut from channel, problem with that is it may give you week spots after welding if done wrong.

There are some nice bars bolted to the body, but you may find this will crash pannels.

Just Some idea's..... and there's alot of different opinions out there

jeepilot
13-07-2004, 10:02 AM
it would be great if any one has pics of under there sills thanx :evil:

LEXX
13-07-2004, 10:10 AM
This a pic of our from underneath m8.

We like to leave a bit of room between the sill and the rail to allow for a bit of flex, usally about 10mm does it nicely.

If you want superduoper strength, then instead of only two bolts per leg then make it 4, also under the rear leg you may want to make a small stopper for when you jack off it etc to stop the rear leg coming up into the body work. These ones were made for a 2" body lift so no rear stopper was needed as the rear leg angle is far greater than a standard leg.

Ben
13-07-2004, 11:15 AM
That's a good looking Jeep! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :wink:

jeepilot
13-07-2004, 12:38 PM
thanx for the pic again this site has been a big help as there are 3 jeeps in my house :lol: hold