PDA

View Full Version : My Grand is under construction!!!!

Pizzaz
13-09-2004, 04:37 PM
:D :D :D :D

Currently at Suburban... should be ready by the end of the week

2003 White Limited CRD (brand spankers though - got the trade of the century!)
Sub 3.5" lift
245/70/R17 Cooper STTs
Arb Bar
Winch
lights
Front locker

and I'll transfer the GPS from TUF-15H before she gets traded :cry: I'll miss that truck :cry:

Lisa on the other hand is not missing the whole having to climb into the jeep thing!

Of course I just need to let her drive it and the project can start again :lol:

Cpage66
13-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the famwag side... :lol:

Pizzaz
13-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Ahhh, I've been a closet famwag guy for years - 1st 4by ever was a 99 WJ... then traded it on a tent and now.... the circle of life :D

Jeepsta
13-09-2004, 06:25 PM
I saw tuf 15h at bondi... man it made my day..

kyro
13-09-2004, 06:39 PM
:D :D :D :D

Currently at Suburban... should be ready by the end of the week

2003 White Limited CRD (brand spankers though - got the trade of the century!)
Sub 3.5" lift
245/70/R17 Cooper STTs
Arb Bar
Winch
lights
Front locker

and I'll transfer the GPS from TUF-15H before she gets traded :cry: I'll miss that truck :cry:

Lisa on the other hand is not missing the whole having to climb into the jeep thing!

Of course I just need to let her drive it and the project can start again :lol:

sounds like a sweet setup look forward to seeing the pics

thegurio
13-09-2004, 08:44 PM
You say it was brand spankers - how dooes all of this work affect warranty?

Pizzaz
13-09-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm not really changing the engine or drivetrain so there shouldn't be any issues... but I figure if there's an issue then we shall see. I had no problems with the previous jeep lift for workshop stuff so am crossing fingers.

Actually, it would be kind of refreshing to meet a dealer who could have an intelligent conversation about what effect various bits would have on warranty etc. Those that are likely to give you a hard time ovr mods are probably going to give you a hard time full stop.

andy_n
13-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Will point this out to Tene when the Pics go up. A 3 inch lift might look good on hers. 8)

wildturkey
13-09-2004, 10:04 PM
sounds ideal mate 8)

Can't wait to see the pics.

billsta
14-09-2004, 08:42 AM
snowy WJ
go pizzaz

Steve F
14-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Sounds nice :)

I never had problems with the XJ and warranty but that was with a 2.5" lift and 30's on it. I even called the dealer from Bourke (warranty ran out a day later) and dropped it in at Chatswood as soon as I got back with it covered in red dirt, mud and bugs from 3 weeks away. They covered everything from broken power window to stuck tailgate lock (too much dust etc in there) even replaced the aircon fan as it had a bad vibe (again due to dust and mud, even after I cleaned it up it was never quite right so they put in a new one). Nothing was affected by the lift so they had no problems with warranty.

Cheers
Steve