PDA

View Full Version : New Tyres

xflow
21-09-2004, 07:47 PM
I need to get a good set of replacement all terain tyres for my 98 GJC ZJ not that bothered about the cheapest, want to know what the best options are from someone using them not selling them.

djorkboy
21-09-2004, 08:04 PM
I have been running a set of Dueler ATs for 18 months now. I love them. Never let me down off road or on.

I have yet to hear anything bad about them (and they seem to get talked about alot). They have better wet tarmac traction than the wrangler highway tyres my ZJ came with.

BDASH
24-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Crossflow, if you're interested in Mud Terrain's the MAXXIS Buckshot's are great. Check them out on MAXXIS' US website www.maxxis.com.

If you're a Melbourne Jeep Owner's Club member, then you can now get 15% off a set if you get them fitted at STI in Tullamarine.

STI/MAXXIS are a sponsor at the Jamboree, so if you're going to the Jambo you could have a chance to win a $1000 worth of MAXXIS tyres.

xflow
24-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks for that.

Oh and thanks for the help at the driver training. Pretty chuffed I didn't damage the car.

Not until I got to work and drove the side of my car along a lamp post and buggered up the drivers door and seal but that's another story.

If I see you at the Jambo i'll shout you a beer.

Keith Penguin

xflow
24-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Oh and BDASH I'm looking for AT tyres for some reason the ones I have are pulling the car to the left. Had everything else looked at tracking, alignment etc etc. Either the wheels or the tyres.

So I'll swap the tyres out anyway as I have no idea how long they have been on. Tread is pretty good on them though,

BDASH
27-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Oh and thanks for the help at the driver training

No problem

If I see you at the Jambo i'll shout you a beer.

Done :lol: 8)