PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm New and I need help

STACE
25-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi, My name is Stace and I have a 96 Grand Cherokee ltd. I am having starting problems and i cannot find the cause. Everynow and then but alot more lately it just refuses to start. Then just as quickly it will start like there wasn't a problem in the first place. About 3 months ago I had it at Mid Valley Jeep in Morwell and after about 1200 dollars it was fixed which included a second hand computer( The one behind the battery) any way the same old problems seem to be coming back and I am going nuts. It also runs on duel fuel if this has some thing to do with it. The wife is making me sell my beloved jeep if I can't find the problem fast and as it can't do the cooking I'm afraid it might have to go.
Please help me!!!

Stace

wendaloo
25-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Stace

Spose you have checked all the battery bits and pieces. Has the alternator been checked?

I am no expert at all, but I am sure that there will be someone here that will be able to help, like Gojeep

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/

Post your question on the cherokee thread and watch the 'help' roll in.

Wen

TW.
21-03-2005, 03:46 PM
sell it, LPG will cause you grief until the cows come home. And dont go blaming the jeep / EVERY 4.0 i've come across on gas has issues. its ironic, you do it to save dollars on fuel and spend what you save on tow trucks, mechanics and head ache pills.

computerized jeeps never seem to run rite and no one wants to work on a LPG owners rig either.

sell it off and get one that hasnt been buggered up by LPG.

H.G
21-03-2005, 06:37 PM
must be a common problem TW.. my olf XK falcon use to run like crap on gas.. then it would run good then not idle then rev to hard then splutter when trying to over take..and the list goes on.. best thing I ever did was sell it and buy the jip :mrgreen: