PDA

View Full Version : gas bottle safety

Wolfe
12-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Ive just found a couple of little stoves that run on lpg/butane gas, how safe are these and how do you safely store them in the trunk?

krankieone
13-03-2006, 06:37 AM
for the ones that run on an aerosol type can just make sure you remove the can from the stovebefore you put it in the back of the car it took me quite some time to work out where the gas smell was coming from every time we went over a bump it released a little gas.

nathan858
10-04-2006, 05:56 PM
I just bought a set from Kmart as they are on discount offer now, where do you throw the used gas cylinders? Is it ok to just put them in the garbage bins? I actually asked at Kmart but they don't know either.

Gordo
11-04-2006, 01:41 PM
the fire

is quite uneventful - just a small pop. Scares the bejesus out of everyone when u do it though :)

Dan96XJ
11-04-2006, 02:01 PM
target practice LOL, hollow points are fun!

MR EXTREME JEEP
11-04-2006, 02:55 PM
for the ones that run on an aerosol type can just make sure you remove the can from the stovebefore you put it in the back of the car it took me quite some time to work out where the gas smell was coming from every time we went over a bump it released a little gas.

You go over a bumb! And then you smell gas? Where do you reckon its comin from? :smile:
Disposable aerosole cans ie:insecticide,preen,etc can be thrown out. A spent gas cannister is no different. As long as it is empty it is no more dangerous than any other type of aerosole can.

thebigrig
11-04-2006, 06:38 PM
These stoves are awesome you can control the heat pretty well they last a few cooks and are very cheap. I have gone through three of them not because they break its just because I keep losing them.

krankieone
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
You go over a bumb! And then you smell gas? Where do you reckon its comin from? :smile:

It was on a weekend camping trip in the zook (less space than a TJ ) & I had 8 spare cans but had forgotten there was still one left in the stove from a previous outing ended up unpacking half the car half the way up danes Spur track which was the easy bit getting it all to fit back in was the problem

AussieRCBasher
19-06-2006, 12:45 AM
sorry reviving an old post.

I have a metho burner stove. they have them on boats and such and is extreemly hot when running and very safe! its metho which can be put out with water if need be in an emergency. hence on boats. this thing takesabout 1.5L of Metho and when both burners are running it cooked my 1.5" thick "brontasourus Burger" stake in minutes i mean like 1-2. right through the centre too not a bit of pink in it. its crazy.

well my story.

krankieone
19-06-2006, 09:44 AM
what brand mate

AussieRCBasher
19-06-2006, 10:55 AM
not entierly sure... its second hand off my dads racing yatch. he tore everything out to lighten it and the stove was given to me. ill have a look next time i go in the shed.