Anyone up for a quarry trip? [Archive] - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a quarry trip?

AussieRCBasher
12-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey guys well i got told about the Renyella quarry.. not sure if anyones been there? i havnt but would like to try it out.. but i think theres only like 4 from Adelaide that actually talk on this forum... so ill leave it up to ya..

This w/e i think i have off atm..

Cyas

Stubborn1
23-09-2006, 02:24 AM
hey soz mate only just read the post, im up for day trips around mate. let us no a couple of days before hand if you want to go try a new place out..
cheers steven

baronvont
26-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Anyone know if the Reynella quarry still available for a bit of messsing around?

turbomart
27-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I spoke to a mate a while ago who takes his dirt bike there, apparently the cops pay frequent visits.Doesnt worry the bikes as they can get away.
Id love to be wrong tho.

baronvont
27-11-2008, 06:02 PM
hmm.. typical. Couldn't possible have members of the public having a bit of fun!

burnz
28-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Try the Morgan Quarry....,,,,,,I'll go if the time suits.

wranglertj
29-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Morgan is always fun. Some tuff stuff there!!

AussieRCBasher
24-12-2008, 11:37 PM
If anyone has seen it, regency road, that huge construction site on regency rd and churchill rd. man would that be great to have a w/e outing in there! all mud, hills, puddles.

vnbozza
22-01-2009, 12:07 PM
So where is there to go in SA for a half or full day out wheeling?

Had a look at some Real Estate websites last night, and looks like parts of the Reynella Quarry are up for sale, so guessing that is really out of bounds now. (Pisses me off, have always lived at Hallett Cove, only just got my first 4wd and finding out about this place was on my doorstep is now closed and I missed it!)

Has anyone been up Amery road at Mclaren Vale - have read on other forums from several years ago that this was interesting.

The only trip I have done so far is up the Coroong, and a fun as it was, it was bit too far from home, and wasn't overly challenging.

Big_T
17-02-2009, 11:02 PM
So where is there to go in SA for a half or full day out wheeling?

Peake has lots of fun sand driving.
http://www.adelaidejeepclub.com/reports_Peake_April2007.htm

and
http://www.overland4wd.com/PDFs/tripreports/Peak2007.pdf

Private property, 50ks from Tailem Bend. Booked most weekends with 4x4 clubs.
Peake - Allinga - Daryl or Dion Lauterback 8574 3032

I wouldn't go there if it was over 28c though.

Adelaide Jeep Club is going to Morgan Quarry in April:
http://www.adelaidejeepclub.com/calendar.htm

Cheers.

AussieRCBasher
18-02-2009, 12:21 AM
i wouldnt mind going to the morgan quarry in april. im taking a months holidays from work during that time. duno if the jeep club would accept me for just that trip alone tho

Stubborn1
09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
i wouldnt mind going to the morgan quarry in april. im taking a months holidays from work during that time. duno if the jeep club would accept me for just that trip alone tho

Just ask john cullen, He is the president of the club.