adrenalineoffroad
Find out how to advertise on Ausjeep?

Roof mounted wheel carrier ZG/ZJ [Archive] - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

PDA

View Full Version : Roof mounted wheel carrier ZG/ZJ

OzJeeper
12-01-2007, 09:43 AM
ITEM:Roof rack mounted spare wheel carrier.
TO SUIT:ZJ/ZG Grand Cherokee
CONDITION:Very good
REASON FOR SELLING:No longer required.
PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS:$140.00 ONO

This item will not post so it's buyer to pick up or arrange freight.
The carrier will NOT suit an XJ as the roof rails are different. Carrier is adjustable for height and is in good nick.
The wheel and tyre pictured are NOT included in the deal.

troyster
12-01-2007, 11:35 AM
That's identical to the one I have on my XJ. When my arrived it actually stated ZJ on it. I believe they are common to the XJ/ZJ family.

OzJeeper
14-01-2007, 01:46 PM
That's identical to the one I have on my XJ. When my arrived it actually stated ZJ on it. I believe they are common to the XJ/ZJ family.

Thanks for that. I raced out and tried to fit it to a 1995 XJ and found the legs are 4" short for the rack rails so it won't fit this model for sure.
It may fit other XJ's but I'm not sure what year....

Big Dave
15-01-2007, 06:56 AM
I ordered my xj one from brighton jeep abot 3 years ago. First one arrived with xj part number on the box but didn't fit. They got in the zj one which did fit.
They said it seemed that the mopar parts had been packaged incorrectly and thats all that were left in the country. That will be why yours said zj on it troyster.

OzJeeper
23-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Bumping this for $120.00???? ONO is the word here.....

OzJeeper
28-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Bump again.

I have discovered the item can be dismantled for posting. $120.00 posted to your door....

OzJeeper
11-02-2007, 11:41 AM
OK, so you may not want a roof carrier and don't own a ZJ but....

If your contemplating making a rear wheel carrier for the rear of your Jeep then with a bit of imagination - like cutting two of the legs off and standing it upright then a greater part of the work is done with this section.
Adjustable carrier plate as said before....

Gotta be worth $120 in construction costs and time...

Larry
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
hey i'm interested in it where abouts are u located and is there any chance of getting it before the weekend i'm in melbourne.

OzJeeper
12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
hey i'm interested in it where abouts are u located and is there any chance of getting it before the weekend i'm in melbourne.

PM sent ....