PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Aprilia RS 125 2 stroke w custom paint $5,500 ONO

Red23
06-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Item:Aprilia RS 125 (2000) w custom paint job
Item Condition:VG mechanical condition.
Reason for selling:I just got offered a job to work in the States for 10 months & I've accepted (I leave in 2 weeks). So unfortunately, my newly acquired Aprilia RS125 is now for sale. I thought about keeping the bike till I get back, but it wouldnt be very logical as I will be off my 1yr power restriction and would be upgrading to a bigger bike anyway.
Price:$5,500 ONO
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. Can transport at the buyer's expense
Extra Info:I took delivery of this bike mid Jan from a NSW seller. It still has NSW registration till July 07. However, to have the rego transferred to Vic it needed to first get a road worthy & a Vic roads vehicle test.
When I purchased the vehicle, I knew that the windscreen had to be replaced as it would not pass a RWC. I organised a road worthy test with Peter Steven's in the city. Unfortunately (although not surprising) it failed the test due to some very minor problems. the following is the list of problems (all very minor and most I've fixed). The important thing is that mechanically, it is in very good condition.
*Windscreen not clear (fixed - replaced with a clear screen);
*missing rear pillion pegs (fixed - bought & installed a rear pillion footpeg);
*fairing not attached properly (fixed - have checked all screws, tightened & replaced missing screws);
*high beam not working (fixed - globe was blown. replaced with brand new globe);
*rear brake light not working (need to replace the rear light with the correct globe);
*front brake pads worn (needs new brake pads);
*gear lever bent (fixed - bought & installed new gear lever);
*right hand switch block loose (fixed - tightened both right & left blocks);
*r/h rider's footpeg broken (ordered a footpeg from A1 moto).
So as you can see, there are only a couple of minor things left to do plus the replacement of the front brake pads.
I have been riding the bike and gotta say ( i used to own a GPX250) I love the RS125. not only is it the sexiest looking learner bike around but it handles so so well. it def does live up to the Aprilia reputation.
As I am leaving in less than 2 weeks, I am willing to sell the bike as is (i have no time to get the rest of the things done to the bike). I will surrender the bike's current plates, therefore selling it with no rego. I will include the road worthy test report i got from peter stevens.
I welcome serious buyers to come and view the bike. However test riding it will require a security bond of $200, 2 forms of ID (licence/atm card) and to sign a contract stating the rider has got the skills to ride a motorbike and that any damage to the bike whilst being test ridden will be the responsibilty of the rider and will pay for all damages to be fixed. (i have experienced in the past ppl test riding n damaging bikes leaving the seller without paying for the damages). I am after a quick sale as I will be departing very soon so any reasonable offers will be considered and will take the nearest offer to my asking price ($5,500). more pics are available via email. red23vega@yahoo.com
If the bike is not sold by the time i leave, I will be gettin my cousin to look after the sale for me.
Details of the bike are:
Vin # ZD4MPB000Y5006218
Engine # 721806
Current Rego (NSW) UDQ89
2000 Aprilia RS125
12,800 Kms
Custom candy pink paint job
6 speed manual
Electric start
1 cylinder standard 125cc
VG mechanical condition
----------------------------------------------------

NEW RS 125, RACING TECHNOLOGY

1. POWER AND RELIABILITY
The liquid cooled, single cylinder, two-stroke RS125 is the technical reference point for all other 125 cc supersports. Derived directly from Aprilia’s experience on the world’s GP racetracks, the RS 125 is totally reliable on the road and aggressively powerful on the track, thanks to advanced technology like crankcase reed valve induction and a vibration damping counter-shaft. The RS 125 is even homologated to Euro 2 standards, because performance and respect for the environment really can go hand in hand.

2. RACE-WINNING AGILITY
The RS 125’s sophisticated and lightweight frame is developed from the superb racing frames of Aprilia’s amazing 125 GP bikes. It is made from polished aluminium alloy, guarantees extremely high torsional rigidity, and delivers maximum control and agility under racing conditions.

3. COMFORT AND SAFETY
The upside down fork has been completely re-designed, as has the rising rate rear suspension. The result is performance, safety, and an impressive level of comfort in daily commuting as in racetrack use. The brakes are completely new too and represent the pinnacle of world production. At the front, the RS 125 boasts a four-piston, radial caliper front brake with aeronautical metal braided brake hose and a 320 mm floating disc. The 220 mm rear disc unit also features aeronautical metal braided hose for precise, balanced and powerful, GP style braking.

4. RACING WHEELS
The ‘Y’ spoke alloy wheels have six spokes at the front and five at the rear. These low weight, high strength wheels are fitted with tubeless radial tyres for unrivalled agility with guaranteed road-holding under all conditions.

5. GP SWINGARM
One of the most prestige components on the new RS 125 is its die-cast aluminium alloy swingarm. In addition to guaranteeing the highest degree of torsional rigidity of any production 125, the swingarm’s special design also lets you lean further than ever without touching the asphalt.

6. ADVANCED AERODYNAMICS
Aggressive, streamlined, and breathtakingly beautiful, the new RS 125 is born to win. Its styling is the result of advanced research into aerodynamics and extensive wind tunnel testing. It should come as no surprise, therefore, that the RS 125 affords excellent wind protection, and minimum air resistance. Everything about it is made for speed, from the latest generation, twin headlight nose fairing to the tail, with its aggressive, streamlined, integrated seat and powerful rear light cluster.

7. RACING INSTRUMENTATION
The compact and lightweight new instruments incorporate all the functions of a real racing unit, including an analog rev counter and a multi-functional digital display with handlebar controls to operate the tachometer, trip counter, battery voltage meter, clock and 20 lap timer, coolant temperature gauge and fuel reserve indicator.
----------------------------------------------------
TECHNICAL CHART

Photographs, technical data, specifications and colours refer to the Italian market version and may be subject to change without prior notice. For detailed information on the technical characteristics of the vehicle sold in your country, contact an Aprilia dealer.

Engine
Liquid cooled, single cylinder two stroke. Aluminium cylinder with Nikasil coated liner. Read valve intake. Separate lubrication. Homologated to Euro 2 standards.

Bore by stroke
54 x 54.5 mm.

Displacement
124.8 cc.

Compression ratio
12.5 ± 0.5:1.

Carburettor
Dell’Orto PHBH 28.

Ignition
Electronic CDI ignition.

Starting
Electric.

Alternator
12 V – 180 W

Lubrication
Separate mixing with variable displacement, volumetric pump.

Gearbox
6 speed.
1st 10/30 (0.33)
2nd 14/29 (0.48)
3rd 17/27 (0.63)
4th 19/25 (0.76)
5th 21/24 (0.87)
6th 22/23 (0.67)

Primary drive
Gearbox: 63/19 (3.31).

Final drive
Chain: 17/40 (2.35).

Clutch
Multi-disc in oil bath.

Frame
Cast aluminium, reinforced box section, sloping twin-spar frame.

Front suspension
Upside down hydraulic fork, Ø 40 mm. Wheel travel 120 mm.

Rear suspension
Cast aluminium box section swingarm with asymmetric members. Hydraulic monoshock with adjustable spring preload. Wheel travel 120 mm.

Brakes
Front: Floating Ø 320 mm disc. Radial caliper with four different diameter pistons, Ø 32 mm – Ø 27 mm.
Rear: Single Ø 220 mm disc. Caliper with two Ø 30 mm pistons.

Wheels
Aluminium alloy. Front 3.00 x 17”; rear 4,00 x 17”.

Tyres
Tubeless radial. Front 110/70 17”; rear 150/60 17”.

Dimensions
Overall length 1955 mm
Overall width (at handlebars) 720 mm
Overall height (at windshield) 1100 mm
Seat height 805 mm
Wheelbase 1345 mm

Tank
14 litres (3.5 litre reserve).

Pictures:http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8797/apriliars125pinkyiy5.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=apriliars125pinkyiy5.jpg)
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6850/apriliars125pinky3rh9.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=apriliars125pinky3rh9.jpg)

Red23
17-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Special price ($5,000) if bought, paid & picked up by this Monday (19th Feb)!!!