03-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey does anyone know of some tracks in the southern area of Victoria

or within reasonable driving distance of Geelong

heading there next week keen to hit some of the tracks down there

:wall:

anythin would be useful

krankieone
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Try the otways west of anglesea gets very slippery if wet :)

Lushy
07-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Give Wye River Track a go - very muddy and overgrown in places, we got up the track quiet some way but a big mud wallow stopped us, there was a slide made by other vehicles but we did not try to use this and got bogged and stopped and had to go back down to Wye River township. the other end of the track of Wye River Rd is also very muddy and deep at the entrance a Tojo got stuck on the far right hand approach of the interesection - if you give it a go, go to the left hand side of a old stump/grass area.
Wet stinking mud is so much fun lol.

SEC track was also very slippery as it is of a clay base.
Have FUN

Mur
07-04-2007, 09:51 AM
I was down at the Otways last weekend. Tried to come down wye river track from the north but turned around when it got too overgrown,but great bog holes before we turned back. Behind anglesea its really dry, but further to the west behind lorne there is heaps of mud. Apparently Clearwater and Redwater tracks are the worst (or best depending on which way you look at it). But stay away from them if your not prepared.

krankieone
09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Last I heard Clearwater & redwater were to be closed It'd check before I'd make the trip

HZJ75
29-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Last I heard Clearwater & redwater were to be closed It'd check before I'd make the trip

Not as far as im aware, I heard back in june/july a bloke from terang in a SWB Patrol took 9 hrs to do Clearwater track

there are plenty of other good tracks, Deepler creek track, Noonday area, Seven Hills

JEEPCHIK
30-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Not as far as im aware, I heard back in june/july a bloke from terang in a SWB Patrol took 9 hrs to do Clearwater track

there are plenty of other good tracks, Deepler creek track, Noonday area, Seven Hills

Um, where the heck is Deepler creek track??I grew up 4wdriving in the Otways and would like to think I know my way around there blindfolded.Can't say I have ever heard of such track, must have had my blindfold on then, hey;) ;)

As for Clearwater track, 9 hours to traverse this track in the middle of winter is a cracking pace.:hump: I can remeber being down that track once and not being able to stand up due to the clay being so wet.Awesome track though.Our best clocked time for both Redwater/Clearwater tracks is 3 hours in summer when it was bone dry.:cool:

MR EXTREME JEEP
30-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Sounds like a trip comin up:mrgreen:

jeepgirl
01-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Chadstone shopping centre is pretty good for getting some flex over the gutters ;-) So much new development going on, you can flex your life away. :-P

JEEPCHIK
01-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Sounds like we are gonna be doing more than shopping when we go to Chadstone, Jeepgirl;)

HZJ75
01-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Um, where the heck is Deepler creek track??I grew up 4wdriving in the Otways and would like to think I know my way around there blindfolded.Can't say I have ever heard of such track, must have had my blindfold on then, hey;) ;)

As for Clearwater track, 9 hours to traverse this track in the middle of winter is a cracking pace.:hump: I can remeber being down that track once and not being able to stand up due to the clay being so wet.Awesome track though.Our best clocked time for both Redwater/Clearwater tracks is 3 hours in summer when it was bone dry.:cool:

My bad it is actually called Deppler Creek Road (according to my Vic Topo Maps) its just out of beach forrest, as for the 9hrs to cover clearwater thats just what i had heard going around the camp fire....