PDA

View Full Version : Audiovisual help??

BennyWA
12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Anybody here work in Audiovisual?? Looking to set up a home theatre in perth...:D

Jimmyb
13-06-2007, 09:59 AM
First thing you will need is a "home"

OzJeeper
13-06-2007, 06:22 PM
And a bucketload of cash.

BennyWA
13-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Got that, out the back but have to share with the dog....:o
Got a small bucket (ok tobacco tin) of cash just wanted to know if anybody could get a trade discount or something?

First thing you will need is a "home"

silver_jk
13-06-2007, 07:41 PM
go in and say what ya gonna do for cash ya plicks :) hehe or just badger them in to giving in works for me

LEXX
13-06-2007, 07:54 PM
What is going to be the man purpose, music or movies? Really it does come down to budget. Let me know what your after I will see what I can do in regards to store transfer etc.

BennyWA
13-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I wanna spend around 5 g or less, got a quote for infocus projector (apparently one of the best out there), polk 5:1 surround speakers, pioneer receiver/tuner, cabling/brackets and screen for about 5300 but will get a screen off ebay-my mate got a good one for about half the store price..

Mainly wanted for movies but the pioneer receiver has 2 zones or something so can play music out the back while watching dvd out front...

Oh yeah, the sales rep also said the BenQ projectors were crap and not designed for movies but at $1000 bucks less I can't see much difference...

LEXX
13-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Benny have you considered the Marantz SR-4001 and Jamo S606HCS6 pack. Get a great receiver and some kick arse speakers, leave you about $1500-$1700 left over for the screen and cabling. Are you really set on a projection screen? Personally I don't like them but that's just me, with the price of plasmas at the moment you can get a nice 42" LG for that price and if the sales guy is worth anything he will throw in a few free cables for ya.

BennyWA
13-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Benny have you considered the Marantz SR-4001 and Jamo S606HCS6 pack. Get a great receiver and some kick arse speakers, leave you about $1500-$1700 left over for the screen and cabling. Are you really set on a projection screen? Personally I don't like them but that's just me, with the price of plasmas at the moment you can get a nice 42" LG for that price and if the sales guy is worth anything he will throw in a few free cables for ya.

The only thing with a plasma is that you still need surround sound and a separate stereo... The Marantz/Jamo pack- does that have the "split channels" as mentioned earlier? (Play tv in front room and radio out back)
And also HDMI?

BennyWA
13-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Also how much for that pack?

LEXX
13-06-2007, 10:01 PM
HDMI yes on the marantz pack, yes on split zoning. Be careful with HDMI it is FAB but with some DVD players it can confuse the signal and all you end up with is a green screen. Component and optical all the way baby ;)

u say with a plasma you still need surround sound and seperate stereo? Not sure what u mean, with a projection screeen you get no sound at all, at least with a plasma you get speakers in the tellie ;)

LEXX
13-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Also how much for that pack?

RRP is about $3600, but I recon you can get any sales guy down to around the $3100-$3000 mark.

BennyWA
13-06-2007, 10:04 PM
HDMI yes on the marantz pack, yes on split zoning. Be careful with HDMI it is FAB but with some DVD players it can confuse the signal and all you end up with is a green screen. Component and optical all the way baby ;)

u say with a plasma you still need surround sound and seperate stereo? Not sure what u mean, with a projection screeen you get no sound at all, at least with a plasma you get speakers in the tellie ;)

Yeah just wanted surround sound and a stereo not just a TV with built in speakers..

LEXX
13-06-2007, 10:07 PM
M8 I was suggesting the you can get it all within the 5K bracket, weve got LG 42" Plasma for $1520 at the moment with inbuilt tuner etc is only the SD not HD but if your not running truly HD gear then the image is minimal.

Here's a link for the Jamo gear: http://www.jamo.com.au/index.jsp?referrer=90111&section=brands&page=product_detail&product=90104

Personally I run a Yammaha RV1700B amp with the Klipsch F3 speakers and a Pinoeer dvd/mp3etc player plus I run a 16" Yammaha subbie I bought years ago.
http://www.klipsch.com/world/au/en/products/details/f-3.aspx ( my speakers )
http://www.yamahamusic.com.au/products/avit/htavreceivers/RX-V1700B.asp (my amp)

BennyWA
13-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Sweet cheers, I'll look into that one!