PDA

View Full Version : Will the stock US front bar fitn on our OZ JK's???

Sethgun
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi guys,

well, my rubi is about a week away now....bout bloody time!

I got the stock front and rear US bars from the states for my JK. Didnt really look into it that much as to whether they will be a straight bolt on....does anyone know?

I got the front bar, tow hooks, that section that attaches to the top and the bottom (2 seperate pieces) as well as the metal section that sits inside the bumper and attaches to the chassis. Does anyone know if its a straight bolt on, and if the location of the crush cans would still remain intact? Im guessing it would, but maybe someone knows 100%? Same goes for the rear, im guessing that shouldnt be a problem apart from the lights.

Cheers

Violet Rose
06-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi guys,

well, my rubi is about a week away now....bout bloody time!

I got the stock front and rear US bars from the states for my JK. Didnt really look into it that much as to whether they will be a straight bolt on....does anyone know?

I got the front bar, tow hooks, that section that attaches to the top and the bottom (2 seperate pieces) as well as the metal section that sits inside the bumper and attaches to the chassis. Does anyone know if its a straight bolt on, and if the location of the crush cans would still remain intact? Im guessing it would, but maybe someone knows 100%? Same goes for the rear, im guessing that shouldnt be a problem apart from the lights.

Cheers

Another thing you need to consider if importing US parts is that often what America classes as legal, Australia doesn't. Check with the RTA or whomever you have in your state.

Violet Rose Penguin

Sethgun
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
not worried if its legal or not, just worried if its going to fit or not ;)

Sethgun
08-07-2007, 01:03 AM
any help/thoughts?

silver_jk
08-07-2007, 07:54 AM
id assume its a straight bolt on....... carn't see jeep change everything for oz alone

SIM79
08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
not worried if its legal or not, just worried if its going to fit or not ;)

You must be very well of if you don't need car insurance!

Sethgun
08-07-2007, 01:31 PM
im not well off at all....

I jsut want to know if anyone knows if the mounting points are the same, and if its going to be a direct fit using the same mounting points from the AU bumper. Does anyone know definite, or do they have a pic of their jk that shows the mount points?

Dave
08-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Bert installed a mopar bar ordered from the US so I'd assume the mounting points are the same. He has pics of the install here: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69105

Sethgun
08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for that. Yeh, you would think that a mopar bumper from the US that fits directly onto the AU front, would be the same fit as a stock US front bar. Hopefully I wont have any mounting issues with the procomp light bar and ipf's I have for it too. Sweet, now just waiting on the rubi

Stevil
10-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Spoke to a manager in parts yesterday and got him to investigate Jeep Australias lack of effort in supllying any decent mopar after market acessories.

Well he got back with some good news that compliance kits(ADR) for a range of Mopar front and rear bar (winch bar aswell) should have been finalised by the 8th of july. He wasn't able to give me any description or links so I will wait and see. His name is Bob 02 8844 4402 Camelia Sydney

I will keep you posted as he has promised to get more info