PDA

View Full Version : Harvey - Australia Day Long Weekend

Vman
26-11-2007, 10:27 AM
UPDATED

The plan:

We will be staying at the Hoffman's Mill 11km from Harvey from Friday the 25th until Monday the 28th. This is in the back of Harvey (some of you have camped there in the past ). This might be the last time we will be allowed to camp there:( .

Hoffman's Mill Site

Directions: South Western Highway, 9km north of Harvey. Travel along Logue Brook Dam Road for 6.2km, go past Lake Brockman Caravan Park turn off, and continue on the gravel road. After 3.1km the Logue Brook Dam Road runs into Clarke Road. Turn left and travel on 8.1km to Hoffman's. 27km north-east of Harvey.
Facilities: Flushing toilets with disabled access. Free gas BBQ, wood BBQ, picnic tables with seats, footy oval, untreated water taps, bush walks, central information board and rubbish collection area.
Description: Large camping areas good for caravans, shady, grassy and excellent for groups. Lots of private camping spots dotted around the site. Hoffman's Mill is the site of a once thriving mill town, established in the early years of the century. The remains of the old mill may still be seen.

The camp ground will accommodate large groups on a first come first serve bases, water (not for drinking) and toilets are available, wood for the fire and fire pits on site, no power or showers. We have the shower sorted BYO So you are welcome to join us for a day or the weekend.

UHF 16 or mobile 0422931541

Trips:
We will be hitting all the Harvey & Brunswick highlights :o , and I hope to do some exploring and maybe map out some of the harder to find tracks, so we can have a variety of runs for the 2008 Jamboree.

This run will consist of medium to extreme tracks. There is alternative :rolleyes: tracks on the extreme sections.

All trips will be leaving from the camp by 10am sharp, day trippers welcome but allow for minimum of 2 hours from Perth.

Cheers
Vic

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES

Vman (all dates)
Rodgebone (all dates)
Crazy Dave (all dates)
Jack (all dates)
Steve (Saturday - camping)
DaBaBz (Saturday - camping)
Mattjeeper (Saturday)
Col Fusion (Saturday)
Oscar the Grouch (Saturday)
Ksk (Saturday)
Rolli (Saturday)
Forexjohnny (Saturday)
Dave (Saturday)
Cambo76 ( Saturday )
Donza (Sunday)
Fud (Sunday!! soft.... ;) - camping)
Hemijeepy (:shock: **) )
Horse ( ?? )

Who else??

Matty05
26-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Hey Vic, If all is going well I will be there.

The dates are a long way off so not sure what day/s but I am not rostered on for that weekend:D

Brisey
26-11-2007, 11:54 AM
I can't project my shifts that far in advance at the moment so will let you know closer to the time. If nothing else I may be able to come down for a day trip

Cheers

Bri

Crazy Dave
26-11-2007, 12:43 PM
In for sure :D Love camping at Hoffmans!

Ps.

I'm thinking of doing a day trip to harvey before xmas, as Aus day is 2 whole months away. Everybody is pretty busy this time of year so I'll put up an EOI to see if it's worth while.

Cheers

CD

ASH79
26-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I am so spewing I have already made plans to go to Margret River For Australia Day long weekend :( Maybe next time

Mischif
26-11-2007, 08:02 PM
If I don't have another job by then, I will join you guys down that way!! I'll have the lift and the new tyres on so will be hanging to test her out! Will let you know closer to the date!

Donza
27-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Sounds good Vic, make the most of Hoffmans while we still can...

Rodgebone
30-11-2007, 04:11 PM
excuse my american ignorance but should i assume this long weekend is in jan 08? doh :confused:

Vman
30-11-2007, 08:03 PM
excuse my american ignorance but should i assume this long weekend is in jan 08? doh :confused:

You are excused, I never know when USA Thanksgiving is!!!;)
Yes Jan/08 but I am happy to start planing for Jan/09:rolleyes:

Rodgebone
30-11-2007, 08:22 PM
ok....i think we are there!!!! BTW, t-day is the last thurs in nov (two days ago)....i had chorizas instead of turkey lol

Vman
08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I am ready to go!!!:hump: :cool: We are getting close to the trip dates! Who is in and on what days?
I will update the trip page as I get confirmations.....

Vic

Rodgebone
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
rob and i are in and possible 1 or two kids...we will leave friday am and go home monday afternoon...we be very excited:!: :!: :!:

palla
08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately I will be out of the country :( How un Australian is that!!!! ill be trying for the next one..... Putting in my leave for Jambo tho.

ASH79
08-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Damn! Still can't come :wall:

Matty05
08-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey there gang,

Just got back from my holiday last night, logged onto AJOR tonight and found 16 pages of new posts!!!!

Anyway I'll be there on saturday 26th.

I think I owe some beers to some people so seeing as there will be no power at the camp (dont want to take my fridge out on the tracks) I'll make a quick trip home and return for the evening with a fridge full of coldies.

How does that sound?

rolli
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
sorry, cant make this one - I ging to lancelin & wedge for that weekend with mates.

Cambo76
08-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey guys was looking to come down for the day either sun or monday then convoy back. Anyone else thinking of doing that?

Moose
08-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey guys was looking to come down for the day either sun or monday then convoy back. Anyone else thinking of doing that?

I may be interested in that. I didn't see this post till now and have booked into go with the Jeep Club to Australind with the family. I could be taking the boat....if so no Harvey for me.

Brettski
09-01-2008, 07:18 AM

I'm a possibility for that. Just waiting to see what is happening with some other pre-arranged commitments for the weekend. D'oh!

B.

Vman
09-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I'll make a quick trip home and return for the evening with a fridge full of coldies.
How does that sound?
Sounds like we are having a big Saturday night:D !!

Damn! Still can't come :wall:
Not good enough, need to try harder son!!! What would you rather do 4x4 in the Jeep :D or tour the vineyards :roll: ??

Day-trippers make it Saturday or Sunday, as we usually don't have a big drive on the last day (Monday), all wheeled out ;).

Rodgebone
09-01-2008, 07:57 PM
and since when DON'T we have a big saturday nite??? err, friday nite for that matter! **) hope i stay up long enuf for dessert with Aaron n Dave and a good chat to the roos with Ken ;) and NO, im NOT playin quarters! no way!

col_fusion
11-01-2008, 01:29 PM
put me down guys, I will come down for a day run on the saturday.

Wallace
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
my tj should hopefully be in a million bits by the time this comes around - so i won't be coming....

oscar_the_grouch
12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
count me in for this one lads. I'll be going down on sat with Col Fusion most likely. Any1 else wanna convoy on the sat ?

Vman
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds great guys!! I have updated the list accordingly. This is building up into another great run :D sweet!!

ASH79
12-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Geez Vic just rub it it why don't ya! LOL :cool:

murray
12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
just dont break anything

ksk
13-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Im probably in too for the day run...just have to confirm my roster... Its gonna be gooooood..

KSK

rolli
17-01-2008, 08:05 AM
well, seeing as our loong weekend plans just fell over (was head to wedge), I might come down for saturday night.

I'll see if the mrs is interested, but I have a feeling this sort of 4wheelin isnt her thing (loves the dunes tho!).

Is it an issue if I dont have proper recovery points?

Vman
17-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Ksk: I will pencil you in for the Saturday day trip. :)
Rolli: If it was muddy it would be vise to have all your recovery points, but it will be dry, so you should be ok. Do you have a tow bar? It's not expensive to put on some hooks to the front, you will need them sooner or later even on the sand ;).

rolli
17-01-2008, 12:26 PM
vman - yes, have a tow bar.

I am looking into recovery point at the moment, but without a bar I cant see a way of adding pionts without welding, which I wanted to avoid because next year I'll be putting a bar on it!

Vman
17-01-2008, 12:45 PM
You will be fine, if need be we can use the tow bar.

Fud
17-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll see if the mrs is interested, but I have a feeling this sort of 4wheelin isnt her thing (loves the dunes tho!).

This is way better than dune hopping, she'll be loving it, just make sure she doesn't over do it Saturday night, hey Jude :)

hemijeepy
18-01-2008, 02:13 PM
So whos in for a day trip???

Vman
18-01-2008, 06:17 PM
So whos in for a day trip???

WHAT:shock: are you thinking of joining in on the adventure:p !!! About time you came out and played :hump: with the big boys:D !!

oscar_the_grouch
18-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I am in for a saturday day trip.

hemijeepy
19-01-2008, 08:20 AM
WHAT:shock: are you thinking of joining in on the adventure:p !!! About time you came out and played :hump: with the big boys:D !!

I really wanna come, still deciding.. If i can i might squeeze in a day trip. :p

As some know i am heading North (way north exmouth) in not to long so i don't wanna break anything before i go there! Tryin to save $$ for that trip too so.. i'll let u know.. **)

rolli
19-01-2008, 01:45 PM
anyone heading down saturday for the day, gimme a pm if you want to organise a convoy. I'll try to organise a uhf too for the day.

the mrs saw some pix the bretski has on his website and chickened out on me! so its just the day trip for me.

Brettski
19-01-2008, 03:57 PM
anyone heading down saturday for the day, gimme a pm if you want to organise a convoy. I'll try to organise a uhf too for the day.

I'm a 50% for the day trip. And I have a spare hand-held UHF if I'm there. Know more later in the week.

the mrs saw some pix the bretski has on his website and chickened out on me!

My Mrs says she is a wuss. She was in the car the whole time with me and only complained twice. ;-)

B.

rolli
19-01-2008, 04:51 PM
bret - for both our sakes, I wont mention your post to my lady....

a firey red head is not to be upset, if you get my drift.

Tho I almost left her stranged once on the power line track for screaming like a banchee at me, I figured something was wrong, stopped and got stuck, I was fuming!!

Brettski
19-01-2008, 05:54 PM
bret - for both our sakes, I wont mention your post to my lady....

a firey red head is not to be upset, if you get my drift.

No worries. ;-) As always, best to keep the ladies happy.

B.

rolli
19-01-2008, 06:15 PM
As my old man says, "You can be right, or you can be happy"

murray
19-01-2008, 06:20 PM
As my old man says, "You can be right, or you can be happy"
what a load of oom galla galla
i am always right and very happy

rolli
19-01-2008, 06:52 PM
and single, right??

hahah - its all jokes mate. THe mrs doesnt like the rough stuff... Fair enough. I dont like ironing, its a fair trade off to me!

murray
19-01-2008, 07:00 PM
and single, right??

hahah - its all jokes mate. THe mrs doesnt like the rough stuff... Fair enough. I dont like ironing, its a fair trade off to me!
nope you obviously havent meant mrs muzz

Rodgebone
19-01-2008, 07:45 PM
OKAY...HEMI....what the hell is wif these David Hasselhoff pretender pics? do these guys know how to wheel or is this just yer cosmetic surgery wanna wish list? if yer lookin fer examples here is 4 but dont think it will help lol....now GET YER BUTT DOWN TO HARVEY FOR A REAL RIDE!!!! :rolleyes:

murray
19-01-2008, 09:36 PM
bit ot page 71 todays west big sh&t stir over closing lake brokman

Forexjohnny
20-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Guys, just wondering if this is a club "Gang" thing or can anyone roll up? Would like to come along for a day trip on the Sunday if possible.

Vman
20-01-2008, 01:12 PM
You are more than welcome to join this "Gang"!! :). Let us know if you are coming, so we have the right head count before we go out for the day.

Cheers
Vic

the_horse
20-01-2008, 01:33 PM
how hardcore are you guys going ive still got the little bitch bug

ASH79
20-01-2008, 02:44 PM

These guys go fairly hardcore ;) but there are alot of "chicken" tracks around some of the more technical sections! "She'll be right"

rolli
20-01-2008, 02:55 PM
horse, dont worry mate - I'll be the first to take the chicken tracks if I dont think I can get through a section!

Forexjohnny
20-01-2008, 03:41 PM
You are more than welcome to join this "Gang"!! :). Let us know if you are coming, so we have the right head count before we go out for the day.

Cheers
Vic

Thanks Vic, looking foward to talking to others in this outlaw gang:shock:
I will be there before 10am but make the day Saturday instead of Sunday.
See you there
John

Vman
20-01-2008, 05:26 PM
There is no pressure mate, go as hard as you feel comfortable with. When at the more challenging spots you will have the opportunity to check out the track, see others having a go and at the end make your own call. We never leave a man behind so there is softer options (Red Rooster tracks);) .

So Horse saddle up:p .
Cheers
Vic

Thanks Vic, looking foward to talking to others in this outlaw gang:shock:
I will be there before 10am but make the day Saturday instead of Sunday.
See you there
John

Cool, look forward to meeting you John.

The attendees list has been updated!!

murray
20-01-2008, 07:16 PM
the gang never leave a man behind
no one is forced to ever do anything they dont feel safe about
we will work out ways around obsticals
i remember the first hard core time i went driving
handleld everything ok till the last creek crossing
the xj in front of me charged in and swamped the engine
he was recoverd and we got him going
now my prob was that i have a deisel no snorkel at the time
and to swamp the engine would have fritzed it
how ever this was the only way out from where we were
vic rodge and my self worked out a way get her across
so as to do no damage
drove up to edge of creek
hooked on tow strap
turned off engine threw strap over creek to rodge and dragged it over to the other side
we are atop crew who like to promote safe to the next level
jeepin
i would be there but mrs Muzz Is 37 weeks gone
so i will have to sit it out
have fun

Dave
20-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I should be able to make sat day trip! up for convoy

Rodgebone
20-01-2008, 09:54 PM
for anyone wondering how we operate, i think Vic and Muzz have said it well but I will put this forth as added comfort...

we take everyone from "Never been off-road and no skills and bone stock" to the highly modified "ive been doing this for 25 years and my wrig is worth over $100K)....

we take everyone from families to singles who wanna go get em!

we lead on trails that ALWAYS have a safe way around and/or we will turn back to keep you at comfort....as said, nobody is EVER left on their own...most tracks we attempt have easier routes and if THOSE are too much we turn the whole group around however we encourage everyone to test their skills (but without pressure)...if you are not comfy doing anything we will accomodate you...and if you DO get stuck - we will get u out

some folks have NO recovery gear...we have it - so no worries...u just need to make sure you have front and rear recovery points fitted to your wrig...if u dont, contact me and we will fix u up...thats easy

this is a very casual group and insurance issues are up to you...we are NOT liable for any damage or injury incurred...if u need a good offroad insurance plan i would suggest QBE as they should cover any of the places we venture into (except private property without permission - my understanding and im insured with them)...we DO avoid private property so shouldnt be a prob...mind u, as far as legalities go these are just guidelines and you should check with your insurer before venturing out. anywhere with any group..again, WE ARE NOT liable for you and yours and your wrig...and this is why this gang works...cheers, R :cool:

rolli
20-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Rodgebone - I am going this weekend, I wouldnt mind catching up with you to discuss proper recovery points on the jk and see what your thoughts are.

I dont have a front bar yet as $ are limited due to an impending wedding but would like to get some points point on to stay safe!

btw: I'll be heading down for saturday, looks like me, oscar and one other inconvoy if anyone else wants to joint, drop me a pm and we should be able to organise easily enough

col_fusion
21-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Hi All,
Have confirmed with Oscar the Grouch, we will be hooking up at Brian Gardener Holden along Armadale Rd if there is anyone else wanting to join the convoy we will depart at 07:30 on saturday morning.

the_horse
21-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Awesome well i guess i'll be coming along obviosly some tow hooks or something would be a benefit any advice for a greenhorn

Rosie
21-01-2008, 03:34 PM
You guys have got me so depressed, I have been looking foward to this trip for so long but am still waiting to get this bloody back diff and air-locker finished.

I think i might work overtime in stead though because $60 an hour buys lots of toys, or lift.

Rodgebone
21-01-2008, 05:45 PM
horse and everyone else needing recovery points: get a pair of rated hooks on the front and a ring insert in your hitch...if you dont have a towbar get another set of hooks for the rear...please know the factory attachment on the front of most jeeps is NOT rated for recoveries - these are used for shipping purposes only as tie down points on ships.

that being said, u can always skip the tough stuff and watch (as much fun as doing it yourself) and avoid the need for recovery points...hope that helps, R

oscar_the_grouch
21-01-2008, 07:14 PM
okay...so far me, col_fusion & dave are meeting @ brian gardners @ 7.30 Saturday .

lets us know where you want us to meet u rolli or if u wanna meet @ briand gardners too.

Mischif
21-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm interested in Saturday, any Saturday people going I can catch up with you as you go through Byford at the end servo!

rolli
21-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Oscar - the meet point sounds good to me mate - but isnt Brian Gardener's on Albany highway (not armidale road!)

oscar_the_grouch
21-01-2008, 09:51 PM
yeah it is :-) I was going to meet a few people there as it is close for us...how much of a detour is armadale road ?

I'm not good with road names...just know how to get to places :p

Mischif
22-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Ah Armadale Rd is no where near Brian Gardeners, just get on Albany and follow it to the end which is Thomas Rd turn left to go to Byford and then right onto Southwest Highway, no need to go down Armadale Rd.

rolli
22-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Oscar - Brian Gardener's isnt that far out of my way. If I was leaving from my place to go straight there then I obviously wouldnt go anywhere near it, but for simplicities sake, I'll meet you guys at brian gardeners.

Mischief - I got your PM, if the convoy is passing byford then that is cool, I havent got the map out but I assume its pretty much on the way so joining up with us shouldnt be an issue.

Oscar & co - what do you guys think?

So we all know in advance - what channel are we using?

oscar_the_grouch
22-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Rolli, to me that sounds great, what does the rest of the saturday convoy crew think ?

Dave ? Colonel ?

Matty ducati
23-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Good to see that the jeep scene is stronger then ever in Wally Land:)

Dave
23-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Rolli, to me that sounds great, what does the rest of the saturday convoy crew think ?

Dave ? Colonel ?

Yep sounds good

col_fusion
23-01-2008, 11:23 AM
So we all hooking up at Brian Gardner Holden saturday @07:30 then.
How dows channel UHF-36 sound ?

ksk
23-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Ill b there too... hey Dave...you North of the river right?...maybe we can meet up and head down to Brian Garders together...let me know... Ill PM you..

KSK

Cambo76
24-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey guys i'm looking at coming sat aswell but yf cool will join up at kelmscott coz brian gardners is back tracking for me. R u guys using channel 36 coz i will look out for you guys around 7.45 coming through kelmscott, I'll be in a green JK soft top with arb bar and rock crawlers but stock besides that coz of dollars

rolli
24-01-2008, 09:00 PM
well, the gps is loaded with waypoints, the uhf is installed and the snatch stap (g-string) is packed... off to the stealership for its first service and a new hand brake cable only thing left is to find the air compressor and fill the tank...

i cant wait!

Cambo - I'll be on 36 with the other guys meeting at brian gardener's give us a call about 7:40 to meet up with us en route

oscar_the_grouch
24-01-2008, 09:05 PM
36 it is then...

Brettski
24-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Wish I could come down on Saturday but events have intruded... Make sure you get lots of good photos and vids...

B.

Cambo76
24-01-2008, 09:14 PM
i'll bring the vid cam so when the going gets to tough the vid cam will come out

ksk
24-01-2008, 09:38 PM
So what are the final numbers for trip then Victor?

Just wanna confirm to the Saturday crew that ill be at Brian Gardners Holden Cannington (Albany Hwy) at 7:30am. Dont leave without me!!..lol I havent got a 2 way unfortunatelly.

Hey Hemi...you coming or what?..you wont break anything mate, Ill be taking the chicken trails, coz im totally stock...

KSK

Vman
25-01-2008, 12:43 AM
UPDATED

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES

Vman (all dates)
Rodgebone (all dates)
Crazy Dave (all dates)
Jack (all dates)
Steve (Saturday - camping)
DaBaBz (Saturday - camping)
Mattjeeper (Saturday)
Col Fusion (Saturday)
Oscar the Grouch (Saturday)
Ksk (Saturday)
Rolli (Saturday)
Forexjohnny (Saturday)
Dave (Saturday)
Cambo76 ( Saturday )
Donza (Sunday)
Fud (Sunday!! soft.... ;) - camping)
Hemijeepy (:shock: **) )
Horse ( ?? )

Ok here are the final numbers!

Saturday trip Harvey - day trip 9 + campers 4 = 13
Sunday trip Brunswick/Harvey - day trip 2 + campers 4 = 6

Looks like it going to be hot weekend bring lots of water and refreshments;) .

Drive safe and remember its double demerits!!
See you soon:cool:

Cheers
Vic

Crazy Dave
25-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Last year:

Harvey/Brunswick 2007

This year:

Filming starts tomorrow...can't wait! :D

See you guys at camp tonight ;)

Matty05
25-01-2008, 10:00 AM
I'll be dropping off my fridge (with beer) in Harvey on the way through tomorrow morning.

:?: Does anyone want me to grab some ice or whatever while I'm there?????:?:

Fud
25-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Last year:

Harvey/Brunswick 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-vJYNzz6p0)

Good times, ahh the memories. See you guys when I'm looking at ya ;)

Donza
25-01-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm gonna sit this one out guys till i re-inforce my control arm brackets... don't wanna risk it, spewin. Look forward to seeing pics!

Mischif
25-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Another one bites the dust hey Donza!!

Saturday crew look out for Black TJ with ARB bullbar and big arse spotties, plates Mischif, at the Caltex in Byford (last servo on way out of Byford) I'll be on channel 36 and will join up with you's as you come past!

Looking forward to a great weekend!!!!

the_horse
25-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Hell yeah im there brian gardner it is got a new flag to put up so its going to be an early start for me :D :D :D

oscar_the_grouch
25-01-2008, 07:37 PM
ok I have a spare handheld uhf but no batteries. it needs 3 AA batteries. Someone can borrow it if they supply the batteries :p

Cambo76
25-01-2008, 07:45 PM
pm KSK coz he said he hasn't got one and I'll see you in the morning mate.

Cambo76
26-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Hey guys had an awesome day and would do it again tomorrow if i wasn't so stuffed right now. Very special thanks to Rodge and Victor for all the help and advice and has to be done again. I ended up busting my trailer plug attachment on the towbar but who cares. Awesome day again and I'm in again for next time, Bring it on...

col_fusion
27-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Hello All,
I have posted up a video of Saturday's trail wheelin with the She'll Be Right Gang.
I didnt add any sound, took long enought for the video compilation.
Anyways hope you all enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=sheberightgang2&sitesearch=video.google.com

ksk
27-01-2008, 10:49 AM
What a day!... Was a pleasure meeting the gang. It was a first class effort from a great bunch of people... Sign me up for future trips with the Shell be right Gang anyday!...

C u on the trails..

KSK

Matty05
27-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Had an awesome day.
Good to see some new faces and rigs.
A big thanks to Vic, Rodge and Dave for taking the time to help and spot the new guys. There were a lot of cars, I think we had 14, so it was very busy and time consuming getting evryone thru the tricky spots but we all got there:D
Damage on the day was minor and nothing that cant be fixed easily.

There are some pics here:
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0724.jpg?t=1201412319
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0726.jpg?t=1201412338
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0730.jpg?t=1201412361
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0735.jpg?t=1201412400http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0740.jpg?t=1201412418
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0745.jpg?t=1201412434
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0756.jpg?t=1201412477
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0762.jpg?t=1201412508
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0764.jpg?t=1201412525
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0772.jpg?t=1201412558
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0784.jpg?t=1201412594
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/mattjeeper/Harvey%20Aust%20Day%2008/IMGP0800.jpg?t=1201412627

the_horse
27-01-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah big thanks to all who didn't take the piss out of me ha ha. cheers roger and dave for some great spotting and track selection. great day out going to be a hard aussie day to beat for a while. chicken tracks hey!!!:D

Wallace
27-01-2008, 02:49 PM
horse - that blue TJ stands out like dogs balls... i like it :)

murray
27-01-2008, 02:52 PM
wot no xj"s
wish we were there
well theres always next time

Matty05
27-01-2008, 03:08 PM
wot no xj"s
wish we were there
well theres always next time

No XJs Murray, only my lonely big WJ with all those wranglers but was a great day.
Maybe next time.... Hows mrs murray going?

oscar_the_grouch
27-01-2008, 04:11 PM
great to meet you all. thanks alot Vic Rodge & Dave...good to finally get out again :-)

col takes to too long to load the vid my connection isn't up to speed :-(

col_fusion
27-01-2008, 04:50 PM
col takes to too long to load the vid my connection isn't up to speed :-([/quote]

you may need to let it finish buffering before playing. It is a big file.

oscar_the_grouch
27-01-2008, 04:52 PM
yeah sorry i 'm not that patient but finally let it wait and saw it. geat vid. now go back and put sound into it :-)

col_fusion
27-01-2008, 04:56 PM
yeah sorry i 'm not that patient but finally let it wait and saw it. geat vid. now go back and put sound into it :-)

haha - cheeky bugga Oscar :cool:
I should make u put some sound to it :rolleyes:

Cambo76
27-01-2008, 05:31 PM
awesome vid col. Was a great day and has to be done again and good to meet everyone and see what my stock could do, was very impressed actually. can't wait to see after it's modded

rolli
27-01-2008, 05:49 PM
link doesnt work mate

ksk
27-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Was working this morning...maybe he took it off to add the sound??...Nice pics there Matt...Cant wait for the final clip by Vic.. :)..There should be more vids and pics from Sunday...The boys are heading back probably as we speak..

oscar if you didnt spend all that $$$ on your rig....maybe you could afford a decent connection lol.. ;)

KSK

oscar_the_grouch
27-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Was working this morning...maybe he took it off to add the sound??...Nice pics there Matt...Cant wait for the final clip by Vic.. :)..There should be more vids and pics from Sunday...The boys are heading back probably as we speak..

oscar if you didnt spend all that $$$ on your rig....maybe you could afford a decent connection lol.. ;)

KSK

hehehehehe.... :-) if only work would let me access this site then I would cancel my connection and use that moey for the jeep :p

Dave
27-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks for a great day! Nice to meet some new faces.

pics:

http://daveaus.com/d/389-2/P1000680.jpg

http://daveaus.com/d/410-2/P1000719.jpg

http://daveaus.com/d/461-2/P1000596.jpg

http://daveaus.com/d/353-2/P1000627.jpg

More pics here: http://daveaus.com/v/Harvey3/?g2_page=1

ksk
27-01-2008, 08:48 PM
hehehehehe.... :-) if only work would let me access this site then I would cancel my connection and use that moey for the jeep :p

hehehe... :) I think after this weekend im on the same boat as you buddy... :p

Nice pics Davo...whos got that silver JK? looks awesome..lolololol

KSK

rolli
27-01-2008, 10:04 PM
horse - that blue TJ stands out like dogs balls... i like it :)

ive never seen a dog that as gone THAT long without!!

but it was a great day, as said above thanks to rodge and vic for their stirling job!

col_fusion
27-01-2008, 10:48 PM
link doesnt work mate

updated link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3188997761071448313&q=she%27ll+be+right+gang+site%3Avideo.google.com&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

should be alright now

Mischif
28-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh my god what a weekend!!! Thanks guys it was fantastic!! If anyone has got any photo's of Mischif in action could you please email them to me!!!

I am looking forward to the next one, thanks for adopting me for another night, next time I'll come prepared for a longer stay!

THANKS!!!!

Forexjohnny
28-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks guys and girls for a great day. My knees have stopped shaking but how do I get the stain out of my pants :toilet: Thank God the jeep knew what it was doing with the help of some good spotting and incouragement. Hope to catch up with everyone again soon. Then perhaps I might remember everyones name;)
Great photo's Matt gotta love that yellow jeep.

Azz
28-01-2008, 04:27 PM
i feel like crying :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: i hate my job

looks like you guys had another wicked trip.... i dont care im comin down next time even if im "sick" (thats all work needs to know)

murray
28-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys and girls for a great day. My knees have stopped shaking but how do I get the stain out of my pants :toilet: Thank God the jeep knew what it was doing with the help of some good spotting and incouragement. Hope to catch up with everyone again soon. Then perhaps I might remember everyones name;)
Great photo's Matt gotta love that yellow jeep.
if my memory
serves me correctly
dip dip dip in knew blue zip
under the nose smells like a rose
better known as half and half napisan and cold power;)

ASH79
28-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Looks like you guys had alot of fun :D!! Great turn out. I am glad someone was there flying the flag for the Yellow Jeeps ;)

Cambo76
28-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Murray whats that meant to be a reference to?

murray
28-01-2008, 06:51 PM
skid marks

Cambo76
28-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Makes sense now. I gotta say that i was almost in the same boat going down that first steep hill but after that got confidence and the adrenalin kicked in and it was an awesome day.

Rosie
28-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I was pissed off all weekend knowing you were all down there haha.

That first hill is always a real heart starter for the trip. Glad to seyou had a good time and no carnage though

Vman
28-01-2008, 08:41 PM
What a weekend!! It was great seeing some new faces and Jeeps. We had 14 Jeeps out on the trail on Saturday :). It was very cool seeing some of the less experienced drivers in their rigs having a go and conquering the obstacles. It was a challenging day for my self as well, it's been a while since I had a stock Jeep and having to think of track lines like I used to wasn't easy. I hope we didn't push you to hard ;) the vehicles were capable but the drivers had to get the courage and you did and I take my hat off to you all!!! Very well done!!
Sunday was a slow start for us we had some mechanical issues but as a good "Gang" dose we stayed together and worked it out and at the end had a blast!! We tackled the tracks in the Brunswick area and for the ones that know the "Bob's Hill" it has been conquered going up and down by 4 TJ's!! I unfortunately don't have any pictures :( to busy spotting:) but there is video footage and I am sure others have pictures. Some of us even found a water crossing later in the day that got 1 vehicle bogged and claimed 1 licence plate!!

I will be putting together a DVD of the weekend so if you have any good quality videos or pictures that you could contribute, please send me a PM and we will sort something out :).

See you on the next one...
Cheers
Victor

Cambo76
28-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah had an awesome time and thanks again to you and rodge for all your help. I broke my trailer plug connection but you get that, but yeah awesome day again and as i've said before i'm in for next time

Jack
28-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Vic & Sue
Me (Jack & Jill) had a great time you were the best spotter for the weekend and without Sue none of of us would have a great DVD. you must have run up & down Bob's hill for everyone that gave it a go !! Next time me Rodge & Crazy plus Fud will spot for you!!!! Not sure about MAD MARY :evil: being there next time Steve seemed to have a soft spot for the old darling ? ( After he had explainded the facts of life) and death if she didn't shut up !!! and that shower tent how the F@k did you get it folded & back in the bag ( Lifes a mystery to me !!!) I'm happy with trains & lights and whats all that about anyway!!!!!!! ;)

murray
28-01-2008, 11:13 PM
sounds like the riot act was readby steve

Donza
29-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Bobs Hill was done eh? Well done who got up it?

Vman
29-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Bobs Hill was done eh? Well done who got up it?
:D Crazy Dave, Fud, Rodgebone & Jack, I didn't try my rear locker wasn't working:( !! Next time;)

Rodgebone
29-01-2008, 12:46 PM
thanks to everyone for an absolutely SMASHING weekend! you folks are what makes these trips special. despite the heat and dust, massive carnage and narrow escapes this was one of the most successful trips to date. well done by all!!! now the pics (might get around to some utube vids later)

enjoy :cool:

Rodgebone
29-01-2008, 12:49 PM
some more pics

Rodgebone
29-01-2008, 12:51 PM
and moooooooore!!!

Crazy Dave
29-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Had a great weekend!

Weekend was nice and warm...a bit dusty and dry but still a sh*t load of fun!

Thanks Vic for leading, spotting, job well done once again!

Thanks to the girls for looking after my hungry little tummy!

To all the new guys, it was good to see you out there, well done!

Camping was a blast again, you new guys should stay over next time. Drinking games are fun...Mexi! I'll let Mischif tell you about our crazy games at camp, at 1st no one wants a part of it but by the end of the night everybody is having a great time and waking up with some major headaches the next day lol

As for the 4WDriving, we conquered Bob's Hill on Sunday, been looking at it for a year now and we finally did it! Congrats guys!

Damage report for me:
Broken uni
Some panel damage, broken indicator
overheating engine, sorry for the holdup guys but we got it fixed in the end.

Here is some footage from Bob's Hill:

Bob's Hill (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/?action=view&current=BobsHill.flv)

Cheers

Crazy Dave

Rodgebone
29-01-2008, 01:00 PM
moooooooore!

Rodgebone
29-01-2008, 01:01 PM
few more!!!!

Fud
29-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Like everyone else said, Kel and I had a brilliant weekend, bit devo that we couldn't go on the day trip on Saturday but so glad that we didn't miss out on Saturday night's classic mexi action!!!! :)

Sunday was epic in so many ways, I saw Bob's hill for the first time about 4-5 years ago and it has been a goal of mine ever since, big thanks to Vic (spotter), and Dave (for going first) cos once you did it I had to do it. :)

Damage report : I blew my 20A Acc fuse. :)

Also it was awesome to meet some new faces and make some new friends.

Cheers
Aaron

P.S. Can't wait for your Video Vic, especially the part when Jack and Jill almost came tumbling down the Hill. :-)

the_horse
29-01-2008, 02:45 PM
yeah when i bought her i was looking for something a bit more worked but once i saw that colour i had to have it was hard explaining to the lady friend why i had to have it apparently i already had everything i wanted he he but she had a great time

MrsMuzz
29-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh you guys!!! It looks like you had sooo much fun!!! But some things should not be attempted when 8 1/2 months pregnant, and no air-con in the Jeep.

I keep telling Murray... baby's are portable, come the slightly cooler weather we'll back on the trails... I promise, gotta represent the XJ's. Well he will, we'll wait in camp till bub can take it. Thank you for the pics, the best consolation for not being there is seeing all the fun you guys had.

Mrs Muzz with Jnr Jeeper on the way :p

ksk
29-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Murray took it pretty well considering mrs muzz :)...looking forward to meeting you and muzz jr on the next one...btw...thanks again for the CB murray...

Ill definatelly be staying over next time for a bit of coinage Crazy Dave...I got a cpl drinking games up my sleeve aswell.. ;)

KSK

Crazy Dave
29-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Some pix i took on the weekend, enjoy :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/1-3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/2-3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/3-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/4-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/5-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/6-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/witbaas/13.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Mischif
29-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Camping was a blast again, you new guys should stay over next time. Drinking games are fun...Mexi! I'll let Mischif tell you about our crazy games at camp, at 1st no one wants a part of it but by the end of the night everybody is having a great time and waking up with some major headaches the next day lol

Hmmm I don't know what your talking about!!!!:oops: :oops: :oops:
I didn't have anything to do with it.......much. Ok ok ok so maybe I did get a LITTLE carried away! My apologies to all....except bigfoot! Al in all it was an awesome few days and was great to meet such a good bunch of people!
:D :D :D

Forexjohnny
29-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Bugger I knew I should have stayed for the night. I will be bringing the swag next time. SO Mischif tell the whole story or I will have to use my imagination and us Yellow Jeep drivers have such GOOD imaginations :shock:

Wallace
29-01-2008, 10:08 PM
spewing i missed out.

My new gearbox and 5" lift is on its way to me though - so once it is done, i will have to organise a trip somewhere (even if its just to the powerlines for a first with the new gear).

Looks like a fantastic trip.

Rubicon27
31-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey its Clare how you been - used to have the green (with extreme sticker) jeep - went 4wd with you guys a few times.

There is a few people who are going to powerlines on the 10th - see trips, would be good to go with people I have gone with before. you going?

the_horse
31-01-2008, 01:27 PM
ha ha check this gold from the one lady that always makes me smile http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27174554

BIG.ORN
10-02-2008, 09:42 PM
thanks guys for having us Zak and i will be joining you all again hopefully on the next long weekend , we have a lot on but we will have another crack with the TOJO 100 .difflocks are on the shopping list and rock sliders coz i wanna crack at bobs hill in the next 10 years!!!!!!!!!
DAMAGE : tie rod (new one on barge from QLD) a couple of xtra little scratches.

cowboy
20-06-2008, 05:41 PM
hey vman i found you talk soon