PDA

View Full Version : Fri 28th Powerline trip

KJ Renegade
26-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey guys,

I'l be going to Mundaring on the 28th March todo some exploring... If anyone's interested the meeting point will be at the end of the powerline track. I want to check out the section from that point to York... well that's the plan at this point. We'l be there between 11-11:30am & I'l be on channel 8. Mind you it's only a hand held so it works at close range. We'l also be doing some video footage.

palla
26-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Tempting, will have to see if I can arrange to come out. Will let you know, what time do you think you'll finish up?

KJ Renegade
26-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Tempting, will have to see if I can arrange to come out. Will let you know, what time do you think you'll finish up?

We should be back around 3:30pm mate, depending on how long the rest of the Mundaring to York track is etc & track condition. If this doesn't seem to be worthwhile after the first 1km or so, we'd most likely do the usual powerline track but starting from the York end and finishing up abit up from the Flynn road turn off.

adamjbg
26-03-2008, 04:25 PM
What kind of condition is the Powerlines track in - I've never done it?

hemijeepy
26-03-2008, 05:24 PM
What kind of condition is the Powerlines track in - I've never done it?

You would do it very easy with your car mate :cool:

adamjbg
26-03-2008, 07:42 PM
That track looks pretty sweet - I just re-read the original post though and realised the 28th is a Friday though so wouldn't be able to make it.

From the video looks like it gets nice and wet up there in winter - does it tend to fill up with water after a good rain?

KJ Renegade
26-03-2008, 08:33 PM
That track looks pretty sweet - I just re-read the original post though and realised the 28th is a Friday though so wouldn't be able to make it.

From the video looks like it gets nice and wet up there in winter - does it tend to fill up with water after a good rain?

These are some Pics taken when it's fairly wet on that track... and it can be pretty tough after alot of rain apparently.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62214&page=8

adamjbg
27-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow yeh its gets pretty wet! I'd be worried about taking my WH thru that sort of water though after the recent discussions in the Grand section about the low tolerance they have.

But damn, that looks like a seriously fun day! Have a good time tomorrow - would love to join but the boss knows I use these forums and so a sickie is out of the question! :) hah!

palla
27-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow yeh its gets pretty wet! I'd be worried about taking my WH thru that sort of water though after the recent discussions in the Grand section about the low tolerance they have.

Low tolerance for what? Lactose? I dont get it. We will take plenty of pics for you.

Anyway Im in for tomorrow.... Neil you have PM.

aus-kj
27-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Would have loved to come along but being Friday... No work nopay :-(

adamjbg
27-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Low tolerance for what? Lactose? I dont get it. We will take plenty of pics for you.

Anyway Im in for tomorrow.... Neil you have PM.

Heh! I was refering to the poor wading ability of the WH Grands, as was being talked about in this thread (http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74010).

Cant wait to see the pics!

palla
27-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh I see, someone did a motor. This was done at the powerlines on my watch.... wasnt just the motor was turbo as well. Water well over the bonnet, I think it went 1/2way up the windscreen.

Breyten
10-04-2008, 06:37 PM
My that engine bay looks familiar!!!!! :D:D