PDA

View Full Version : KK Storage System Prototype Development

glend
31-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I am looking for a KK owner in Sydney that would be willing to let me measure up and photograph the cargo area of his/her KK for the development of a custom KK Storage System prototype. Some of you may be familiar with the KJ Storage System that I developed recently (pic below), which is now in production. Please PM me if you'd like to volunteer to showcase your KK.

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj454/glend1450/DSCN0334.jpg

PommieDownUnder
02-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi Glend,

I'm not sure how many KK drivers are on here from sydney. If you have no luck getting hold of one for your RnD, I and others on here would be more than willing photograph and measure the parts you require.

Anything that advances the aftermarket options for the KK cherokee.

BazzaC
03-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi Glend,
I have a KK and am Sydney based.
Check your PMs.

sting
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi Glend

Cherokee KK Ltd. In Blacktown

Glad to Assist

glend
03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks Sting, I think I'm going to be meeting up with Bazza this week to measure up his KK. However, I'm going to be out your way on Wednesday evening. Sydney Jeep Club is having its monthly meeting at the TJM at Seven Hills, its at 1/163 Prospect Hwy Seven Hills - Meeting to commence 7:30pm. Your welcome to come along and I'd love to have a look at the KK. Not trying to get you in the club or anything but visitors are always welcome (SJC rotates its monthly meetings occassionaly and this in one of the vendor store meetings).

sting
05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi Mate

Sorry , just read the post, a bit late for tonights 7pm meeting.

If I can assist you, do let me know.

glend
05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I met up with Bazza yesterday and took photos and measured up his KK. The KK represents a number of design problems that I am wrestling with: the subwoofer, the jack cubicle, and the under floor panel and spare tyre crank access point. I have about five design concepts that I am working through at the moment. Will have more on this in a few days.

nzoliver
28-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Hi,:D
There definately needs to be a rear bar with swing away for the KK!! One side could be the spare and the other for a gerry can if engineered right:cool:

Hmm.....I wonder if it could be done for the KJ.......:rolleyes:

glend
28-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Check the KJ Forum Index, CRDSTU has a recent post on his fabrication of a rear bar (which maybe commercially available).