PDA

View Full Version : J & J Bull Bars need our help !

salesguy
19-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of existing and new Commander owners who are looking for a proper bull bar for their cars.
The great news, as nearly everyone knows, is that J & J have come to the rescue with a full-replacement bull bar.

HOWEVER, J & J need a Commander for a couple of days to measure up for a winch-ready bar.

If any Commander owners can help, I would greatly appreciate it ! Maybe some free Jeep bits for anyone who can help...

J&J Bullbars are located at :

9 Moss Street, Slacks Creek QLD.

They can be contacted on : 07 3808 1444.

Cheers,

Guy
Penrith Chrysler Jeep Dodge

0414 667 271.

salesguy
21-10-2009, 01:26 PM
No-one here wants a winch bar for their Commander ?

08crd
22-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I would love a winch bar, but it is difficult to supply my vehicle from Perth W.A. There must be someone closer that can help out.:D

Blue C
24-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I am very happy with my J&J bullbar but would find it difficult to justify the cost of getting my car to QLD and back from SA whilst working full time!!
I was actually keen to get a winch bar when I got mine but they needed a "test mule" and I just couldn't afford to take the time or spend the freight costs and thus took the "standard" bar instead.

multihull
25-10-2009, 05:20 PM
If any Commander owners can help, I would greatly appreciate it ! Maybe some free Jeep bits for anyone who can help...

0414 667 271.

I'm in Brisbane and J&J are 20 mins down the road, however my cars the only mode of transport for me so I’d need a small replacement car supplied for a few days. Sounds like a good offer. I'll give them a call and see if it fits in with my work towing & 4WDing schedule with the Commander

PWE
26-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Wanderer is correct, we have a volunteer.
I've booked the 24/25 November with JJ Bullbar and will post the result after.
The date depends on if Westside 4x4 can fit my fuel tank, 2nd battery and lift kit before then.

Rear wheel carrier will be fitted byTJM from Maroochydore, asap.

Will let you know how it goes.

Pieter

salesguy
30-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks PWE, multihull and Wanderer !

Can't wait to get this sorted, I've got a few Commander customers who will be very happy when the winch bars arrive.

Cheers !

GPCDR
01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm not that keen on the J&J bullbar, i think it needs to look less like a LR Defender Bar. Something like this:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_DHatfpiaFiE/Su171JdSq1I/AAAAAAAAAFs/1oXtfVBPoNY/cdrbullbar.jpg

I like this design too:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_DHatfpiaFiE/Su2AKYz0zoI/AAAAAAAAAGI/JvCblj0HRcc/CdrBullbar.JPG

Hope the owners of of the photo's don't mind

salesguy
25-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Wanderer is correct, we have a volunteer.
I've booked the 24/25 November with JJ Bullbar and will post the result after.
The date depends on if Westside 4x4 can fit my fuel tank, 2nd battery and lift kit before then.

Rear wheel carrier will be fitted byTJM from Maroochydore, asap.

Will let you know how it goes.

Pieter

Hey Pieter, how's it ? Any news from J&J yet ?

salesguy
26-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Salesguy...Think he's decided to opt out of development but I'll let Pieter expand on this and why. There has been lots of discussion about alternative development though on:
'Guess Who's Getting A Bullbar': http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76815&goto=newpost

Thanks mate - yeah I've been reading that thread.

It's just unfortunate, I've got a customer who was depending upon this bar getting measured up this week. I just called Jason at J&J and he told me that
Pieter pulled out. I really appreciate the fact that Pieter was helping me out, but now I've got to give my customer the bad news.

Damn.

PWE
11-01-2010, 07:34 AM
The JJ bullbar hold up against a Roo.
On my trip down to Melbourne a Roo jump infront of me. I was travelling roundabout 80km/hr, braked hard and hit the roo with the centre of the bar.
No damage to the the bar.

GPCDR
25-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I know someone has asked ECB the question but I noted on their web site that they were now manfacturing bullbars for the Great Wall Ute. So I asked ECB the question one last time, details below:

My email to ECB
Hi,
I notice you are starting to manufacture bullbars for low production vehicles (ie.Great Wall).

Will you be developing a bullbar for the Jeep Commander, at the moment the only supplier in brisbane is J&J Bullbars and these are a bit truck like. There is a lot of interest from owners throughout Australia and the world for a nice looking bar. If required I would be prepared to offer up my vehicle for testing.
Some photo's are at our forum:
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90539

Their reply
Hello Dave,
Thank you for your interest in our product. Unfortunately we will not be producing products for the Jeep Commander.

National sales figures indicate that 169 of these vehicles were sold for the calendar year of 2009. (By comparison, the Great wall V240 sold 1342 for the portion of the year it was available – source: VFACTS 12/2009 Report). Due to these low sales volumes, the investment costs involved in developing a product range for this vehicle would not be returned in product sales.

Sorry we could not assist in this instance, however please feel free to reply or call if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards

I think we can cross them off the list of possible manufacturers.

AD007E
26-01-2010, 08:39 AM
The Great Wall ute is just a Holden/Isuzu Rodeo with a different front end. I don't think it would have taken much, if any, engineering/design for them to make their existing bar fit the great wall ute.

kjac014
29-01-2013, 08:29 PM
I know its been a while since these posts but has anyone found bullbars for the Commanders yet? I need one and soon.
Thanks

FRANK.A
03-02-2013, 10:32 PM
i rang j and j last december and they said if i wanted a bull bar for my commander they could make one and ship it out to me here in tom price im checking with a local repair mob here to see if they would fit it for me so ill see how we go

multihull
05-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi Frank A, go to this thread "Commander Bullbar" start at posting #282 and I had an offer to get some all alloy Bull Bars made that comply with Aust Std etc.

I only had one other person interested so that was that.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76815&highlight=commander+bullbar&page=2

Jeep'ers
05-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Why has wanderer deleted all of his posts?

multihull
09-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Why has wanderer deleted all of his posts?

I can't remember the full story but Wanderer got upset with the forum manager after he'd posted a thread and it was then removed so he decided to leave and take his knowledge with him. It was a pity because Wanderer was the most knowledgeable Commander owner in the country.