AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117777)

rodxj 14-08-2012 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by valpacer (Post 1306859)
ARB turned up to the Sunshine Coast Jeep Clubs' Jeep Appreciation Day in a FJ Cruiser. Need I say more?

Wouldn't happen to be this one would it? Fitted with a steel bar, none the less...
good to see ARB catering to a niche market LOL....:D

valpacer 14-08-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodxj (Post 1308013)
Wouldn't happen to be this one would it? Fitted with a steel bar, none the less...
good to see ARB catering to a niche market LOL....:D

Yup, thats it.

The WK2 grand cherokee outsells the VW amarok in both US and aussie sales, yet the amarok was fitted with every accessory under the sun before it was even released in Australia, so I dont buy into the 'last 6 months has been busy' line, sorry ARB. This is not a new issue, nor limited to the WK2 Grand cherokee.

Its why so many Jeep people are moving to the smaller manufacturers (many of whom are vendor on this site), but unfortunately that means either built for the US market (and not tested here) or you wait 2 years to get one from a local manufacturer. And lets face it, as others have said, when you ask an ARB sales person for Jeep stuff, you may as well ask the clothes rack his pressed shirt comes from.

The largest growing brand in the 4wd and SUV market is the Jeep, yet i gather that even if it could start to challenge the traditional large sellers the result would not be much different.

Support the people and vendors who show Jeep support, its the only way they can build their sales and increase their product range for us. Supporting those who dont only keeps Jeep aftermarket parts further away.

Soapbox over. :)`

Dave

scarps 15-08-2012 10:23 AM

Hi Sam or someone from ARB, any update for your current loyal supporters (or trying to remain so despite supply to date)?

ARB 4X4 Accessories 15-08-2012 10:38 AM

Scarps, I've just been informed that the WK2 bar is now a high priority and we are aiming to start development in the next couple of months. Until that starts, I can't give any indication on actual availability but I will certainly post updates as they become available.

Cheers, Sam.

jtb007 15-08-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARB 4X4 Accessories (Post 1308176)
Scarps, I've just been informed that the WK2 bar is now our next priority and we are aiming to start development in the next couple of months. Until that starts, I can't give any indication on actual availability but I will certainly post updates as they become available.

Cheers, Sam.

that line says it all............ they wont even start doing anything till next year.........

chrisk 15-08-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Scarps, I've just been informed that the WK2 bar is now our next priority and we are aiming to start development in the next couple of months. Until that starts, I can't give any indication on actual availability but I will certainly post updates as they become available.

Cheers, Sam.

Sam,
Well that's a change of heart from ARB's earlier stance. Glad to hear that they have finally listened to what's happening out in THERE market place & maybe, just maybe they will understand that their potential customers weren't happy with their attitude.
Now if you guys really want to show some support for the rest of the Jeep GC community that hang around here how about looking at providing the necessary modifications to your current WH model bull bar to allow it to be fitted to the so-called "face lift" models from 2008 onwards to 2010........

scarps 15-08-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Cheers, Sam.

Thanks Sam, that sounds much more promising. Appreciate your work on this and for listening. Look forward to chatting to the ARB guys at the Melbourne 4WD/Camping/Fishing show in 2 weeks. I look forward to posting on here after my chat on how positive and professional the ARB team were to a valued Jeep owner.
Regards Scott