AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128329)

Cherokee30D 05-12-2014 04:30 PM

Had mine re-flashed a few days ago. Third time lucky........

Will still keep the unaffected FDCM handy just in case.

Cheers, Craig

bjm 06-12-2014 09:25 AM

Hi Wanderer,
If your mate has bought a BT50 diesel tell him he has 15 minutes to drain and refill with oil !! If he doesn't the pump will not pickup the oil = big problems. In 15 minutes you also cannot get all the old oil out.
Not only Jeeps that have problems!!!

SF778 09-12-2014 05:49 PM

Thought mine was fixed until I tried to go lo the other day and got service 4wd. Have just had jeep in dealer 3 times for ignition prob which apparently still has no Aus release job yet. Wrong part twice so finally gave me a loan car for a few days to fix prob. Lost faith in my Jeep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

crdv6 10-12-2014 07:15 AM

I couldn't even get past first base with my local dealer who wanted $100 just to check the code. I know I can get lo range to work if I pull the fuse & replace it, but that could be a problem if stuck and need it in a hurry.
I guess I'll have to approach the service manager and see if they will check it for free, if not...??

valpacer 10-12-2014 07:51 AM

I can remember a post somewhere on how to tell if a FDCM has had a program change to it or not.

Cant find it of course! Any one remember or captured it?

I have a replacement motor on a Transfer i got 2nd hand which im hoping never got the recall done.

boost26 10-12-2014 11:21 AM

If i understand this correctly I think the recall f's up/modifies the (FDCM) module which is inside the car not the actuator motor? So having an uninfected motor probably wont make a difference.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Cherokee30D 10-12-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boost26 (Post 1507025)
If i understand this correctly I think the recall f's up/modifies the (FDCM) module which is inside the car not the actuator motor? So having an uninfected motor probably wont make a difference.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app

Yes, this is correct.
I tried an unaffected actuator motor with my effected FDCM and 'No Low'.
Put the unaffected FDCM back in and bingo....it works.

Then put the original actuator back in with the unaffected FDCM and bingo......still works.

So the answer to your query is that it is definitely the FDCM that is effected by the N23 update, not the actuator.

BTW: My third N23 fix is still working, however the unaffected FDCM is always with me.........

Cheers, Craig