AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123161)

Tyvokka 23-10-2015 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1554744)
I've not seen any talk of them being repairable but they don't seem to stuff up that often. What is it actually doing or not doing. At one point it was discovered even the relay/solenoid that triggers the fan was not available separately but someone found a Ford item that could be made to work without too much drama. Could it be that the solenoid is stuffed and not actually the fan.

The same. From what I've read is people have just been replacing them..... Not sure TBH.

I accidently blew a seal once, it was a dark night in a dimly lit room, I'd had a lot of beers but that's a story for another day.

Been there, done that! :D:D. He's now 20, finishing his art degree today, music next year and law in a couple more! lolololololo....qq. What a blessing that was! :D

Tyvokka 23-10-2015 05:24 AM

Some of the stuff that's been sourced over the years and they're going into Bleet's old motor.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/...6C9CAD64F9.png

Madaz 23-10-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippy (Post 1554719)
How did you 'accidentally' blow the engine? Low oil?

Radiator had a very small leak, about 50ml-100ml per trip i was filling it about once a week. then i went 4wding and it split the radiator more, then driving home it dropped all its water and the heat sensor didn't move off 100deg.

I blame the wife, if they didnt complain so much when we spend money on our Jeeps i would of just chucked a new radiator in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1554724)
if a clutch thermo fan goes it will slip ALL TIMES , if you drill a hole and lock it up to stop it , then no wonder using fuel , if you didn't change the plugs ? or do correct oil change or using correct oil , or if trans slipping from incorrect trans fluid , if your tyres are incorrect pressure ? you say 2001 hydrolic fan ? I thought they didn't come around till 2002 models ? mmmmm any hoo list goes on ,

when the newer engine went in i changed plugs and oil i haven't done trans fluid. tyre pressures seem ok, and the thermo hasn't been locked on with a screw to lock it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1554744)
I've not seen any talk of them being repairable but they don't seem to stuff up that often. What is it actually doing or not doing. At one point it was discovered even the relay/solenoid that triggers the fan was not available separately but someone found a Ford item that could be made to work without too much drama. Could it be that the solenoid is stuffed and not actually the fan.

When i was in Tasmania going up to Alpine steep drives it started over heating and on the first one it went to the red zone (at least it still had water albeit hot). I have had it over heat in Adelaide since also.

Grippy 23-10-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madaz (Post 1554853)
Radiator had a very small leak, about 50ml-100ml per trip i was filling it about once a week. then i went 4wding and it split the radiator more, then driving home it dropped all its water and the heat sensor didn't move off 100deg.

I blame the wife, if they didnt complain so much when we spend money on our Jeeps i would of just chucked a new radiator in it.

when the newer engine went in i changed plugs and oil i haven't done trans fluid. tyre pressures seem ok, and the thermo hasn't been locked on with a screw to lock it up.

When i was in Tasmania going up to Alpine steep drives it started over heating and on the first one it went to the red zone (at least it still had water albeit hot). I have had it over heat in Adelaide since also.

All for a radiator, bummer, I let my wife use the credit card for some girly rubbish she wanted so now she doesn't dare say anything about what I spend.
Just out of curiosity, how much did the new donk set your back? Did you chuck it in yourself?

Madaz 23-10-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippy (Post 1554885)
All for a radiator, bummer, I let my wife use the credit card for some girly rubbish she wanted so now she doesn't dare say anything about what I spend.
Just out of curiosity, how much did the new donk set your back? Did you chuck it in yourself?

i got an ok price on a lower km engine was 2250 delivered from melbourne that included all manifolds, i couldn't really install myself so i had to get a workshop to do it who will remain nameless as i feel i got ripped of with a 4wd tax and a apprentice doing half the work as he charged me over 20 hours for engine out and in, 8 of which he claims took them to get the engine out :confused:

about 2 months before the radiator and 4 weeks after i got the car CV joints started going and i miss diagnosed as the front CV and it wasn't it was the transfer CV so i spent $800 on replacing front CV's then when i got it back and was still making the noise had to spend about $500 on transfer CV

fester 23-10-2015 07:11 PM

If nothing specific has happened to the fan I'm wondering if it is the solenoid or relay what ever its' called.

I can't remember who but a couple of years ago someone did a write up on replacing this with a Ford part.

Is the power steering working ok.

fester 23-10-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGW (Post 1554791)

your x/y references don't seem to make sense to me JGW but I'm quite interested in that windy little number in column 1 row 3. What is the target boost.