AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   What did you do to your WK Grand today? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135326)

drover 04-08-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernComfort (Post 1674823)
Good tip Drover, might try that too. Most other stuff I've tried washes off in the first shower. Meguiars Endurance Tire (think they mean tyre) Gel is about the only other thing that lasts well, not sticky if used very lightly.

I have found winter I give what I sprayed a wipe over next day but it summer it seems to set better but still better than the other stuff Ive used.. 3 weeks ago I was working on my mates van and sprayed half his rear bumper as inspriration for him, he still has half a good looking black bumper and half a black/grey sad looking bit, lazy bugga he is waiting for me to finish it off.

jk_renegade01 05-08-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppy99 (Post 1674804)
I noticed chief products have a system called Tru-lift in the under development section of their website. They claim it will work on quadralift models as well.

But, like i said it’s still under development and currently “on hold” as well……

Yeah, I have put my name down as an expression of interest, but there is little movement on it..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Grippy 05-08-2021 08:06 PM

Don't get your hopes up.
What is wrong with ORll with the Quadralift?
Mines been plenty high enough for all sorts of stuff and followed Wranglers all sorts of places

jk_renegade01 06-08-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippy (Post 1674900)
Don't get your hopes up.

What is wrong with ORll with the Quadralift?

Mines been plenty high enough for all sorts of stuff and followed Wranglers all sorts of places

There is zero down travel and it bangs and clangs like a bitch in OR2, it's absolutely horrible, plus I want it to sit 1" higher in standard ride hight

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Grippy 07-08-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk_renegade01 (Post 1674930)
There is zero down travel and it bangs and clangs like a bitch in OR2, it's absolutely horrible, plus I want it to sit 1" higher in standard ride hight

ORii is only needed for short little stretches, not for bouncing around in for hours.
Mine been fine the way it is, however I don't do Rock crawling and stuff, but have done some fairly tricky tracks.
Plus, I love the onroad ability and feeling of it stock. I spent years bouncing around in a jacked up Hilux, then my lifted WJ, so love the smoothness of the WK2

jk_renegade01 08-08-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippy (Post 1674953)
ORii is only needed for short little stretches, not for bouncing around in for hours.

Mine been fine the way it is, however I don't do Rock crawling and stuff, but have done some fairly tricky tracks.

Plus, I love the onroad ability and feeling of it stock. I spent years bouncing around in a jacked up Hilux, then my lifted WJ, so love the smoothness of the WK2

Mate, it knocks around just as much in OR1, OR2 is used when going in rock mode, something I use, for extended periods, while off-road, as I pretty much exclusively crawl rocks. but to each his own.

FYI, putting this spacer kit in, retains the factory ride AND eliminate all the knocking [emoji106]

Lazy-Ferret 12-08-2021 05:07 AM

I bought my first ever Jeep, a 2011 JGC second hand 2.5 years ago. The guy who owned it took me out for a spin, and I sat in the passenger seat for the 1/2hour test drive. Since then, I have only sat in the passenger seat on a couple of occasions when I let my wife drive it, but it's such a lovely drive, I find it really hard to let her have the keys... Besides, when I do let her have them, it takes a week to get them back..

A few months before getting the Jeep, I tore my rotator cuff muscles/tendons in my left arm working on my Nissan Terrrano, so after 3 years of waiting, I have finally been in and had the repair operation.

As a result of this, I am not allowed to drive, or use the arm in any way for at least 6 weeks, which means despite having her own car, my wife has taken the keys and is fast becoming a lover of the Jeep Marque. Having sat in the passenger seat quite a few times now, I went to open the window. Something was off, the switch just did not seem intuitive. I looked closely, and realised that the switch panel was in backwards... I have no idea when this could have happened, as the guy who owned it before me, did not think the car had had any work done on it, so I am now wondering if it came out of the factory like that.

Anyway, despite my arm, I could not live with it any longer, and managed to turn it round today, literally single-handedly... :)