AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   New Jeep Owner -2011 WK2 (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103333)

kfc 26-02-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXLR8 (Post 1169443)
The Laredo was not fitted with QL, the Limited V8 was.
I did give the Laredo a try on the 100km/h freeway in Auto mode, we were a little underwhelmed. I think I need to try this in Sport mode. :)

Cool cool, I edited my previous post, I did a bit more reading and sports mode directs 80% of the torque to the rear instead of the 60/40 split hopefully that will be the difference that you feel, if not then im just biased :) QL lowering also stiffens the suspension, not directly but due to it having a lower center of gravity there is less body roll.

Oh also one that that took me a bit longer to get used to was breaking, I am sure you XR5 you could break on a dime, you feel the weight in this and I am still getting used to it.

salesguy 27-02-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sege (Post 1168481)
Diesel details from the Milan motor show:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mart...or-show/page-1

Bewdy !

It appears from the details in this article that the cams are chain-driven and there's no mention of the need for AdBlue to meet Euro V emissions.

That's two definite benefits compared to some other diesels on the market.

kfc 02-03-2011 10:07 PM

Had it for a week now, and almost done 500km, yep I have been doing lots of driving.

So far touch wood, there have been no problems. Its currently running at 11.8/100 which isn't too bad considering it is an engine yet to be broken in and I am probably driving it a bit more aggressively than normal. I run in sports mode more often than not.

I have also been hunting from after market 18" offroad rims and finding some with the required 56mm offset has been super hard, I have a dealer working on this for me now. There is also a 6 week lead time if I just want to order the Mopar offroad rims directly from Jeep

The front and rear sensors make owning a 4wd effortless in tight places, it enables me to maneuver in and out of tight spots that I would have had trouble in before.

The voice recognition has had no problems picking up the aussie accent, I did train it eventually but before that It was still 100%.

I am still very happy with the v6 engine, I haven't been stuck on my feet yet, something my 80s diesel constantly did with acceleration or overtaking.

Visibility is excellent, the aircon is great too, in perth after a 38 degree day it normally takes at least 5 mins before the cool air comes though, with this it seems like its instant, I know how is that possible?

Marlin 03-03-2011 08:09 AM

Might be worth talking to Peter at just for jeeps in the US about getting the factory 18" off road rims? Strong dollar of course might dodge the Jeep Aus tax.

(For instance, WH power steer pump in Oz, $397 and a 6 week wait. .... Just for Jeeps, $75, and $30 freight and here in 5 days!)

sege 03-03-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 1170865)
Might be worth talking to Peter at just for jeeps in the US about getting the factory 18" off road rims? Strong dollar of course might dodge the Jeep Aus tax.

(For instance, WH power steer pump in Oz, $397 and a 6 week wait. .... Just for Jeeps, $75, and $30 freight and here in 5 days!)

....... and they wonder why we shop on the internet! LOL:hammer:

briteway 05-03-2011 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sege (Post 1170908)
....... and they wonder why we shop on the internet! LOL:hammer:

Yeah, I bought an EGR valve around $70 delivered from the US and here they're around $250, I've even seen some ridiculous prices like around $700. It's a joke, at least you'd expect them to change it for ya as well, which I would still think it's a rip off.

jdmagoo 09-03-2011 04:19 PM

A couple of questions if I may,

For those that have the 5.7lt HEMI how many Lt/ 100km are you obtaining?

Also, in the 2011 model jeep there is plenty of room under the back of the car which would be perfect for a long range tank or an LPG tank. Does anybody know what size LPG tank could fit under there? And speaking of LPG conversion, is there any issues converting the 2011 HEMI to LPG? Factory warranty might be an issue, also how does LPG effect the MDS system

Considering purchasing an overland HEMI then converting it to LPG instead of purchasing the diesel mid year, what do you guys think of that?

Cheers

James