AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Model Jeep (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   What did you do to your Full Size today? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85563)

worldsend 25-04-2010 08:24 AM

I haven't been for a test drive yet as I still havent put the seats back in, Im getting new carpet first. what I did notice is the cd player sound heaps better. Seem to be alot louder and clearer.

ROK360 25-04-2010 11:23 PM

Well tonight after a long Anzac Day - I decided to pull the Impco Mixer apart and find out why the Canyonero won't idle on LPG. Found the culprit the diaphragm had a 2" long tear in it. So I shall have to try and find a new kit tomorrow. What are my chances that a parts shop is going to carry this stuff?

Might throw a new set of plugs in while I am at it.

Richo 26-04-2010 02:28 PM

Welll.... just got back at 3am last night after over 1000 km loop including through high country.
The FSJ kicked serious butt, including towing a 3500kg fully kitted 100 series out of Wonnongatta after it punched a rod through the block.
But damn it can drink. 37's on the highway with 4.88's, i reckon its now spinning at 3300rpm at 110kmh. Sounds ACE (no carpet) and at those revs accellerates hard from 100kmh, but fuel usage is beserk. Think 135l of gas in around 250km on the Hume Hwy.......
But :) :) :)
The more I drive it the more I'm hooked.
Will post pics as I get them over the next few days.

ROK360 27-04-2010 11:07 PM

Well guess what it is not the diaphragm - bloody thing still won't idle on LPG. Well I am away for a couple of weeks and the waggie is off to a panel beater mate for some minor repairs and guard mods prior to me laying some paint on later this year. Will take care of the lpg issue when I get back and the waggy returns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROK360 (Post 1068776)
Well tonight after a long Anzac Day - I decided to pull the Impco Mixer apart and find out why the Canyonero won't idle on LPG. Found the culprit the diaphragm had a 2" long tear in it. So I shall have to try and find a new kit tomorrow. What are my chances that a parts shop is going to carry this stuff?

Might throw a new set of plugs in while I am at it.

ROK360 27-04-2010 11:12 PM

"But damn it can drink. 37's on the highway with 4.88's, i reckon its now spinning at 3300rpm at 110kmh. Sounds ACE (no carpet) and at those revs accellerates hard from 100kmh, but fuel usage is beserk. Think 135l of gas in around 250km on the Hume Hwy......."

Richo that is some serious consumption you are having there - I am looking at the ratio issue now that the 35's are on my wagon and I am convinced a splitter is the better way to go or maybe a higher ratio in the transfer case. Down the track a bit for me - but the 360 seems to like the 35's at the moment on the road. Of course it is going to runaway in low range at that is what I want to correct.

Richo 28-04-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROK360 (Post 1069412)
Well guess what it is not the diaphragm - bloody thing still won't idle on LPG. Well I am away for a couple of weeks and the waggie is off to a panel beater mate for some minor repairs and guard mods prior to me laying some paint on later this year. Will take care of the lpg issue when I get back and the waggy returns.

Mine wouldnt idle on gas a while back - it was a 2nd hand Impco gas kit pulled off another FSJ- and the converter was the issue. The needle and seat were shot, as was the gasket and water galleries etc.

A new converter fixed my issues. Pull yours apart and check it, i bet the needle is seriously notched.

Richo 28-04-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROK360 (Post 1069415)
"But damn it can drink. 37's on the highway with 4.88's, i reckon its now spinning at 3300rpm at 110kmh. Sounds ACE (no carpet) and at those revs accellerates hard from 100kmh, but fuel usage is beserk. Think 135l of gas in around 250km on the Hume Hwy......."

Richo that is some serious consumption you are having there - I am looking at the ratio issue now that the 35's are on my wagon and I am convinced a splitter is the better way to go or maybe a higher ratio in the transfer case. Down the track a bit for me - but the 360 seems to like the 35's at the moment on the road. Of course it is going to runaway in low range at that is what I want to correct.

I was on 35's pedes with 4.1's. It drove OK on the road (with engine work) but offroad was geared waaayyyy too tall, esp down hill where it would run away from me (was on the brakes all the time).

4.56 with 35's would be better, 4.88 better again offroad but then much too short on road.
A splitter is a good idea, or a T700 4 speed auto.

And spoke to the gas guru re the consumption- dirty airfilter probably the main culprit, as is engine work and gearing/revs at those speeds. Other possible causes to be checked are dirt in the line causing needle/seat in converter to jam open (following fitting/plumbing in 2nd tank), and torn diaphram in mixer.