AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128329)

briteway 30-10-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grand_wj (Post 1424305)
Well our WH is booked in yet again for the third time... I'm honestly getting sick and tired of this, wish we never did the recall.

Mate, you're making me not to do mine, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Now, should I???

Tardis 31-10-2013 08:11 PM

I'm glad i asked the question about the recall,i think i will wait a bit longer before deciding whether to get it or not.

Clarky 31-10-2013 08:37 PM

It's been about 4 weeks since my recall & so far so good.

I think its worth remembering this isn't a voluntary recall, its a safety recall.

I wonder how your insurance company would react if you were in an accident & you didn't have a known safety issue fixed?

briteway 01-11-2013 02:56 AM

Re: Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky (Post 1424787)
It's been about 4 weeks since my recall & so far so good.

I think its worth remembering this isn't a voluntary recall, its a safety recall.

I wonder how your insurance company would react if you were in an accident & you didn't have a known safety issue fixed?

Good point, but if I had issues with low range after installing the SuperChips tune back on, that'd drive me crazy.

Clarky 08-11-2013 01:13 PM

Try This

Ok time to eat my words :mad:
Went back to Mt Airly today, aired down & drove half way to Mt Genowlan where the graded section stops & the old metal ramps are over the rocks & NO LOW RANGE :evil:, had to bail, disappointed isn't a big enough word for how I felt.:hammer::wall:

Ok so I got home & decided to investigate possible causes.
Removed shifter & pulled apart the low range selector, re-soldered all joints (the housing the board is held in had an inch long crack in it)

Put it back together, started the engine, selected neutral & tried 4Low & "Service 4wd System".

Unplugged the electrical connector to the transfer case motor, cleaned it up & blasted it with compressed air & still no luck. :wall:

I was about to give up & call the stealership :rolleyes:

this did not work for me the second time it failed. Code needs to be cleared.

I couldn't hear if the transfer case motor was trying to engage or not over the engine so with the engine off, Ignition on (all the lights on on the dash) & the gear shifter in neutral I tried 4Low again. I could hear the transfer case motor start & 4Low engaged, I couldn't beleave it, I could have done this on the trail :)-(:

Now it is all back to normal, 4Low engages when engine running & no dash fault.

So if you cant get 4Low try the above procedure you never know, make sure you cycle the key to clear the "Service 4wd System" before hand.
I would be interested to know if this works for anybody else

Clarky

stopped working now code needs to be cleared

briteway 08-11-2013 01:28 PM

Pity you went all that way and didn't get to play :(

I'm still not sure if I wanna get it done, as I run SuperChips in mine and from what I read above, doesn't seem good. Is anyone else running SC after the recall???

lionel 21-11-2013 08:19 AM

Had mine done about 2 weeks ago. First time I tried to engage 4wd LO, light came up "service 4wd system".
Took it to the dealer yesterday. They re flashed it. Now working ok.
I will be watching it and checking daily just in case.
They did not charge me for re doing it. (AHG Melville WA)