AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123161)

Hoobz 26-10-2015 07:22 PM

Woe tis me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippy (Post 1555334)
Ah lots aren't into it mate, there is no chance of me getting the Mrs out into the scrub and the boy just complains and whinges a whole lot.

It's good to see I'm not the only one then. Thanks for mentioning it.

I'm a dirt biker for the last 25 years plus. Thought I could take them out to all the cool places I've seen, spend quality family time...

The missus even insisted on going the WG instead of the XJ I wanted...

But now it's "Dave/Dad, let me out...you're not going up/down there are you...don't take us over/through/under that...do you know where we are...are we lost...

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK! :wall::wall::wall:

They don't care about Jeep carnage, which is because it comes out of my dough, but the sooking gets old hey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1555339)
buy a new jeep , a I phone , and hack them BOTH , kids will love it .

I ain't loaded like a lot of folks on here bleeters :(

But I'm about 23 grand into this 6 grand WG now :D

fester 26-10-2015 07:43 PM

Solution number one don't have kids, they just drain the budget you have available to spend on yourself.

Solution number 2 just leave the wife at home, better yet buy a vehicle that she doesn't want to be in and spend all that money you didn't waste on kids in setting it up for a Cape York trip.

It's working for me anyway.:cool:

bleetnblurt 26-10-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoobz (Post 1555345)
It's good to see I'm not the only one then. Thanks for mentioning it.

I'm a dirt biker for the last 25 years plus. Thought I could take them out to all the cool places I've seen, spend quality family time...

The missus even insisted on going the WG instead of the XJ I wanted...

But now it's "Dave/Dad, let me out...you're not going up/down there are you...don't take us over/through/under that...do you know where we are...are we lost...

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK! :wall::wall::wall:

They don't care about Jeep carnage, which is because it comes out of my dough, but the sooking gets old hey.

I ain't loaded like a lot of folks on here bleeters :(

But I'm about 23 grand into this 6 grand WG now :D

you gone the wrong way I see , the idea is to take another family that also have a jeep ! couple of campers , cooker fridge , rods and while the women take care of base , the fellas go and tear a new trac ! (without the family) and back to base with where a cooked meal waiting , few tubes , and deck chairs at the bank with lines in water , OR better still ................. leave family at home to do there own while the fellas go out :)
I use to ride a lot of bikes , dirt , road , owned quite a few, days gone by , to much fuss on eco and permits :(

grandpa_spec 26-10-2015 11:33 PM

That supercharger is sick where can i get one

Tyvokka 27-10-2015 12:14 AM

Well, you guys are lucky, that way you're only spending on your Jeep. You'd better pray that she continues hating it, because if she loves it then she's gonna want her own rig that you're gonna have to fix and spend money on! :D There goes the Atlas 4 Spd that you've been saving for!! :D You dig?? Errrr No!;)

Where to get one? Religiously trawling around ebay, cg, forums, classifieds etc. Best to get a twin screw Kenne Belle, or M112/M90 . Then you have to fab a bracket, pulley, get a piggyback tuner and a tuner of course. Don't forget to build other parts too, internals, diffs, brakes, fuel pump, injectors....the list goes on.

Just Empty Every Pocket right?? :confused: lol! :D

bleetnblurt 27-10-2015 08:34 AM

what about heat ...... it isn't fair ! , I had enough of the heat in there .
(reminds me of a tune) , are you placing the forced induction on passenger side ?
snorkel ? break out the poxy , the plastic welding gun , remember , it is FORCED induction , it will want fresh air around the filter,
how is the ABS ? enough room ? can you move it back ? (be gentle to the lines)
if your EVAP is there (wj) buy a wg one and place at the fuel tank . makes heaps of room and easier to get to the ECM/TCM .

Tyvokka 27-10-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1555383)
what about heat ...... it isn't fair ! , I had enough of the heat in there .
(reminds me of a tune) , are you placing the forced induction on passenger side ?
snorkel ? break out the poxy , the plastic welding gun , remember , it is FORCED induction , it will want fresh air around the filter,
how is the ABS ? enough room ? can you move it back ? (be gentle to the lines)
if your EVAP is there (wj) buy a wg one and place at the fuel tank . makes heaps of room and easier to get to the ECM/TCM .

Hey Bleat, How is ya? :D

Keep the q's coming, I cannot answer all of dem now as I haven't started the installation yet.

Selling the Safari snorkel to V8VAL as I never go into deep water anyway and don't like having a slug on the pretty Jeep! Lol! :D I have an extra gas tank flip cover for when I cut a hole in the bonnet to plug in a temporary hose as a snorkel should I ever need one. With the height it's at and breathers for tranny, diffs, tc etc all sit high up on the firewall, I should be ok for up to 1m of water depth. I also have a switch to turn the radiator fan AUTO/OFF/ON.

I have a GTO Firebird hood vents and Trans Am Dual hood scoops for ram air. The vents face away from the windshield, btw. :)

More cooling from snow performance water/meth pump, tank. Griffin radiator and 3300 cfm fan, tranny cooler, electric water pump

ABS is fixed and I ain't touching it! :D That was my Earchillies Hill during engineering test!! Passed everything else but the ABS light came on, bugger!:hammer:

That's a great idea about relocating the evap, thanks!

Where shall I put the train horn?? That's the important bit! ;-)