AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123161)

Tyvokka 30-10-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1555868)
?......
and now what will I do with a bucket full of endones ?

Just had some when I was down in Melbourne's china town. It was a noodle soup with beef brisket and some of them, I'm sure!! ...:oops:

fester 31-10-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1555882)
ok , ok here is the list webpage , if you look at the box selection and go from there . NOTE jeep runs under :Chrysler.
http://pro.auteltech.com/measurecar-1-1.html?m=4

No joy for the 2.7 it would seem.

Tyvokka 31-10-2015 01:53 PM

17 extra posts to get there... lol! Too funny.

What would life be otherwise...:D

bodgie 31-10-2015 02:46 PM

They seem to only support OBD2 complaint cars.

Jason

bleetnblurt 31-10-2015 06:05 PM

they cover Europe , Asian , and usa cars , Vehicle Coverage: Include MD701, MD702, MD703, MD704.

MD701

Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Honda, Acura, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Isuzu, Hyundai,

Kia, Daewoo, Mazda

MD702

Benz, Smart, Sprinter, Maybach, BMW, Mini, VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Opel, Land Rover, Jaguar,

Volvo, Porsche,SAAB,

EU Ford, Vauxhall.

MD703

Ford, GM, Chrysler.

MD704

Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Dacia, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa-Romeo, Lancia.
if you have a OBD1 buy the adaptor. there are plenty of dealers selling this : phone them up , look around the net (google doogle it) it is 2015 , and there should be plenty of hand tools around , these tools only clear errors, and read errors , they do not rewrite software. if you want to rewrite your ECM/PCM/TCM/BCM , buy a ELM 327 cable and laptop and software to suit the protocol. the MD802 can also take adaptors to suit other cars (bmw, mercs so on )

55zed 31-10-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1555962)
they cover Europe , Asian , and usa cars , Vehicle Coverage: Include MD701, MD702, MD703, MD704.

MD701

Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Honda, Acura, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Isuzu, Hyundai,

Kia, Daewoo, Mazda

MD702

Benz, Smart, Sprinter, Maybach, BMW, Mini, VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Opel, Land Rover, Jaguar,

Volvo, Porsche,SAAB,

EU Ford, Vauxhall.

MD703

Ford, GM, Chrysler.

MD704

Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Dacia, Fiat, Abarth, Alfa-Romeo, Lancia.
if you have a OBD1 buy the adaptor. there are plenty of dealers selling this : phone them up , look around the net (google doogle it) it is 2015 , and there should be plenty of hand tools around , these tools only clear errors, and read errors , they do not rewrite software. if you want to rewrite your ECM/PCM/TCM/BCM , buy a ELM 327 cable and laptop and software to suit the protocol. the MD802 can also take adaptors to suit other cars (bmw, mercs so on )

I have 6 of the "it will work on your 2.7 wg diesel jeep" scan tools, -that do NOT work, I have 1 now that does everything, reads ALL codes right down to the root cause, not generic, also can program keys and remote fobs new or second hand, fit replacement ECM's (change the VIN in the ECM), I don't want to rewrite software, and I can do the key dance if I need to see the generic codes.

fester 31-10-2015 08:38 PM

Therein lies the problem and why I was keen to clarify as another option. The 2.7 is neither OBD1 nor OBDII compliant however it does have an OBDII plug so there is no need for an adaptor, just a tool that actually works.