AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117777)

Carver3 17-08-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda42 (Post 1308212)
Why is it that with (to quote Sam from ARB) over 30 full time design engineers!, ARB does not see fit to put at least 1 engineer on some thing for the grand Cherokee WK, ?????

The WK has been in the top 4 best selling 4x4 wagons and in the top 10 best selling of all 4x4's for the last 18 months, and out sells Amorok, FJ cruiser and pajero every month!

It's time for ARB to look at the real sales figures, pull there heads out of the sand and produce fro the fastest growing segment of 4x4's in Aus

"The GC is our next priority, we should start in the next couple of months"

Sounds just like
Are we there yet?, are we there yet?, It's just around the next corner son!

Yet another fob off from ARB

I have found a crowd in the US that do a bar that hides behind the bumper and can take a 12000ib winch. I am checking to see if the bar also works on a Overland.

Normally I wouldnt look at this as the bumper is still you first point of call if anything bumps you however, it may be possible for the Matrix 4x4 system front bar will fit with it. This would give a bit better protection, nothing like a real replacement bar (that everyone seems to make for Toyotas, Nissians and Mitzi's) but will look better that either a bolt-over (my opinion) or nothing.

Sticking point is the shipping cost for 'metal' from the states.

Now I have read all previous comments (sorry, got mine reading from newest to oldest) and see the comment from YankieDave is it? Dude, if you make a solid, replacement front bar that is real steel, ACCC compatible and able to be outfitted with winches, comms and lights for a 14,000 km drive around Australia, then I will be in.

The Matrix bar is a bush bar or something, so light duty.

timbotrog 17-08-2012 07:04 PM

Carver3, I hope you mean ADR compliant, no one wants the ACCC checking out their Jeeps ;P

HighOutput 17-08-2012 07:12 PM

So looking forward to the ACCC investigating the price difference between here and USA. Really tired of the Aussie "importers" ripping us off! And to be on topic, ARB should cater after us Jeep owners!

750 Valve 17-08-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbotrog (Post 1308798)
Carver3, I hope you mean ADR compliant, no one wants the ACCC checking out their Jeeps ;P

Think he meant ACC (adaptive cruise control)

Carver3 18-08-2012 12:21 AM

I meant Adaptive Cruise Control.....I may have got happy with the "C"s......

scarps 18-08-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carver3 (Post 1308859)
I meant Adaptive Cruise Control.....I may have got happy with the "C"s......

It's ok to be happy with the letter 'C' anytime you want:-)
Just wish us Jeep owners could also be happy with our 'ARB's'

LeCheese 19-08-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 1308944)
It's ok to be happy with the letter 'C' anytime you want:-)
Just wish us Jeep owners could also be happy with our 'ARB's'

NICE!!! :p