AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sticky's - New members please stop by (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   ROLL CALL!! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43906)

Classic Boy 11-06-2017 05:33 PM

4 times a Looser. WG not so grand cherokees

Hi
I thought I might introduce myself, I'm a new member here as my daughter has owned a WG grand Cherokee Laredo I6 for a couple of years for towing her horse floats, and I get the pleasure to fix the great 'fuckker' every time it breaks down.
As a result I have ended up buying another 3 WG's as parts cars; one is a Laredo V8, another a limited V8 and the last a Overland CRD. I am hoping to make her car one reliable go anywhere car with bits from the other 3.

The only saving grace is her I6 engine and driveline has been rock solid bullet proof, going thru 300,000kms if the same cannot be said for the car's accessories and sensors, body computers, and window motors etc, it must be something to do with its long gestation from the 1960's of the AMC 242 engine ancestor of the 4.0L that has sorted the bugs out.

And I must admit it now gets pretty good milage for a car of its weight and with full-time 4wd driveline, it gets around 11.3 L/100kms when cruising and it only climbs to 14.4L/100kms when towing the big heavy float, I know some diesel v8 landcruisers that go straight to 19-20L/kms when towing heavy loads.

I am relatively new to jeeps but I have a long history with Chrysler products, owned many valiants still have a dodge charger and valiant pacer hardtop as my toys.
I have been pretty active on Australian valiant forums.

silverado 13-06-2017 05:48 AM

paul from wa
8 day owner of kj 02

Capn-JollyRoger 26-06-2017 01:10 PM

Tim from WA.

Joined a few months ago but have just had a baby!

JK Wrangler (2011) Sport Unlimted and Y62 patrol ��

SeaBee 01-07-2017 08:10 PM

ClaireC from Nth Parramatta. 03 TJ Wrangler

AusSteve 13-08-2017 11:57 AM

New owner of a MY15 Grand Cherokee Overland & absolutely love it.

Quickfade 28-01-2018 08:12 PM

Zack here from Adelaide!

Just picked up a MY14 Grand Cherokee Limited. Loving it!!

BaldyTJ 03-02-2018 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Ajor. Its been a while . I have been jeeples for a while lol trying to break my jeep addiction . The Result is . Just FEED it lol . Just Bought a WK 2012 Disiel ,Limited 👍👍👍. BLACK of course .its not set up for off road yet with its 22" rims lol but looks good. But love it. It wont be doin what my TJ or My KJ was doing but dam it dosnt need to either .

Is it a Jeep thing !!!!!! F#$k yeh !!!!!!!!!!!